• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WRP SEAT APEX

The WRP is also firmer. I am 6'4" and left a turbo viper to go back to an apex. Did the seat and a bar riser. More comfortable that the viper ever was. I would guess 3 inches in ride height difference.

You don't find it tippier being higher off the ground?

The seat makes you feel like you’re sitting in the atmosphere, but I have zero issues keeping up with anyone riding newer sleds. I find it super easy to just lean over to one side or the other and the sled stays very flat up front with my 13mm sway bar. If anything I can get around a corner faster now than I could with a stock seat.

This seat is the best update that you can do for your apex! Then just add the apex mountain sled bar risers.
Do this and you will LOVE it!

I believe WRP may outsource their seats now, as the badge on the side says "Seat Concepts" If you look up SC online, they do a pile of seats mainly for motorcycles.
The seat foam is well made as is the cover, and is definitely more firm than stock. Can't wait to try it out, totally different seating position!

One improvement I can see, there is no finished apron to protect the foam under the "trunk" zippered cover as is the case with the OEM seat. I can see the foam getting damaged pulling stuff in and out of the compartment.
I had the upholsterer sew on an apron around this opening and glue it to the seat pan in order to protect the foam pad.
Cheers.

Attachments

• WRP.JPG
    WRP.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 174
Rock , Yamahaheaterz man had the same seat on his Yamaha WRP . He had a custom foam set up under for his likes . It feels really good ! He doesn’t remember exactly from what I was told , but I will be getting a WRP next season.

I know this because my a Neighbor just bought Rocks old Yamaha Attak and tore it all down , and freshened it all up. Incase anyone was wondering.

you can stretch the stock cover on an 11 and up apex over the foam for a wrp seat and maintain the stock look and features. Wish I knew this before I had mine done with wrp cover as I prefer the stock cover. besides that I love the wrp seat. no more sore knees.

you can stretch the stock cover on an 11 and up apex over the foam for a wrp seat and maintain the stock look and features. Wish I knew this before I had mine done with wrp cover as I prefer the stock cover. besides that I love the wrp seat. no more sore knees.
X2 I love my WRP wish I would have done this sooner and kept my stock seat cover.

One point on the stock cover is it is very slippery and makes you slide towards the gas tank all the time. For that reason I would not be interested in trying the stock cover no regrets using the seat concepts cover . Also many people ask if it is too firm or too soft . I find that when you first get on it it is too firm and then gets very soft as you ride it . In my opinion I think it is perfect as is .

I love my WRP seat. Wish I had done it sooner.

D87HdVYbbOne2CHz4QCdzknQOLeMFwurf5NU_ufWNcvf8yVEM5rc4bigBh0D_GmZVUX_Ea4IlkkRJjESlAehM0f_eMv0_OUpTCGQEriq6bX9-m4zmHcyHtyo4pFb6F9C-OE2CJ6apIoNQ-QpIfwkgf___rwxAx0PudYeLrDmkDoX2lB3-pmtwGmsEVDcHKYwyL2Lri1Zf3l8YhzJY2qvpuLQWK0iq7ceCaeUWqCIkd6m3Ag3UaQGrm468Ty_0uC-yeTLOmIlMS82ZHu5NoEnF6Zjd7jZuWOEKoPnDxP_LjZSrdKFJK5e_CvGHz-TSzZkEaCgU6S8tgQMDbQQBcp9XaSiv_NMgXECVgcnf7q9diKovBg0hSitQDwoTVJXiorreX3z74ZsRrF0_6FkFd-AaJSNg4umxFN7POEGCzZOzdrYXnDi6yinbK44aBztKDakPL9md08X9Y8chZKZe8ATPu6Ro6NWoHCIFZURFfj_rFj-shMgeBHVdvQAI2VYFDeWIbCHXgrM5xKepPim_QUDFCVLayvf4jxnzjBWsSsNhZ4hYrKbFGXzwG1r9mW2_9Dm1hPfKWTcwY1Cy6lARZDuLgWipPov6kIiUaml2Mw=w1319-h989-no

Back