• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WRP Seat Conversion

cnybrian

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
Looking at doing the WRP seat conversion to improve rider ergonomics.

I have a 2006 Attak. Does anyone who what year(s) seat pans will fit a 2006? I have a line on a local seat. Don't know off what year sled it is and want to know what will fit before I pull the trigger.

06 to 10 are all the same. 11 and up are different. I believe 03 to 05 are the same as the 06 to 10. Are you trying to save your original seat for some reason? I've ridden both versions of their seat and wouldn't worry about retaining my stock seat. WRP are superior in every way to a stock 06 seat. I've had an MTX, Boss and Mountain Mod on my Attak, and preferred the Mountain Mod. The WRP seat is every bit as good.

Thank you Viper_Dave

Yeah, I was going to retain my original seat for resale should I ever decide to get something newer

well if you got something newer you could switch seats with it also if you get newer like 11 and up it wont fit. The stock seat cover will fit over the wrp foam if you want to keep the stock trunk lid btw I found this out after I did mine and wish I had know before because I don't like the zippers on the wrp trunk.

Looking at doing the WRP seat conversion to improve rider ergonomics.

I have a 2006 Attak. Does anyone who what year(s) seat pans will fit a 2006? I have a line on a local seat. Don't know off what year sled it is and want to know what will fit before I pull the trigger.

I have a whole season on the wrp seat on my 06 apex rtx. It is an excellent upgrade. Combine that with hygears dual rate spring, and slim Jim dual runners on the curve xs skis, gytr shocks (more adjustable than the floats, very tight home made sway bar bushings, and I have no reason to upgrade. It is a great ride with minimal g out bottoming, and the seating position is perfect for me. Very very fun sled. The slim Jims on curves do not push like stock skis with doolys, and you can literally take your hands off the bars and the sled goes straight...no darting. Only took me a few years to get here, but it's a blast now. Very easy to drive fast on all conditions. Even broke trail in a late heavy snow...ripsaw 2 worked well. Thought for sure I would bury it, but the curves keep the front up, and the rest is throttle.

I have a whole season on the wrp seat on my 06 apex rtx. It is an excellent upgrade. Combine that with hygears dual rate spring, and slim Jim dual runners on the curve xs skis, gytr shocks (more adjustable than the floats, very tight home made sway bar bushings, and I have no reason to upgrade. It is a great ride with minimal g out bottoming, and the seating position is perfect for me. Very very fun sled. The slim Jims on curves do not push like stock skis with doolys, and you can literally take your hands off the bars and the sled goes straight...no darting. Only took me a few years to get here, but it's a blast now. Very easy to drive fast on all conditions. Even broke trail in a late heavy snow...ripsaw 2 worked well. Thought for sure I would bury it, but the curves keep the front up, and the rest is throttle.
I just picked up a pair of curves. Did you have to shim them, or did the slim jims wear evenly

I think I have maybe 1/16 rubber shim behind the spindle, above the rubber block. I never really noticed uneven skag wear, but did the shim to reduce darting. I had more in, but took them out when I got the slim jims. Just lucky maybe, but it steers easy, no darting, and the traditional push from duallies is very predictable. A riding friend, who hated my sled, except for the power, wanted to buy it last winter...he couldn't believe the difference (after all the above stuff was done). The only real negative is big g outs, but not an issue because you have to go so much faster now than before to bottom out, it's kinda not smart with so many riding where g outs occur (like tug hill).

Back