• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX is garbage on trails.

WootTootViper

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper MPI turbo, taller gearing, Ulmer clutch and tuning.
My father bought an xtx and was told it’s the best of both worlds by the dealer. He would like to make it more trail friendly. It is very hard to steer and pushes through corners. Also the minute you touch the throttle the skis are a foot in the air. 90psi up front and 130 in the back. Suspension is stock. Has turbodynamics clutch kit and tune. He would like it to be closer to an LTX. Thanks

Tighten front limiter strap.

My father bought an xtx and was told it’s the best of both worlds by the dealer. He would like to make it more trail friendly. It is very hard to steer and pushes through corners. Also the minute you touch the throttle the skis are a foot in the air. 90psi up front and 130 in the back. Suspension is stock. Has turbodynamics clutch kit and tune. He would like it to be closer to an LTX. Thanks

What year X-TX ?

I have a 2019 X-TX LE and have found it to be pretty good on the trails although a bit heavy on the steering if it drops in existing ruts.
I moved my front limiter strap up one adjustment hole from full extension to try to keep the skiis down a bit under acceleration but that does add to heavy steering.
I have my QS3s set at number 2 all the way around.
The X-TX has an uncoupled rear suspension so it does easily put the skiis in the air...nature of the beast.

I had an 18 with the floats all around so I absolutely agree with you. I also found it bottomed too easily.
The tuner skis are not great skis for turning. I would recommend sno trackers or switching skis. I'm trying the Yamaha powder/single keel skis this year with trackers.
On the transfer issue I'm not sure how to fix. I found it was even more so with the tunes as the added power would cause the rear skid to collapse, so to speak, and then the front end was in the air.
I ended up trading to the 137 LT-X, as transfer is less and controlled by the rear blocks.

Which XTX, the 137 or 141 track?
137 has coupled rear suspension.
141 has uncouple rear suspension.
Your title of this thread is misleading.

Which XTX, the 137 or 141 track?
137 has coupled rear suspension.
141 has uncouple rear suspension.
Your title of this thread is misleading.
It’s the 141 uncoupled. Iv ridden ski-doos uncoupled sled and it still turned easy and pulled skis under hard throttle.

Yes need to couple the rear skid . 141 is horrid for trail riding compared to 129-137. Air shocks in front they would need to be swapped if not then just get curve or C&a skis and your good. Tightening front limiter strap could help as a bandaid for the rear skid.

I have the Hygear pro linkage with Custom axis shocks that works well after a lot of screwing around with valving. If i had to do over again i would contact star performance suspension in Canada, they have a fix that i am sure would turn the XTX suspension into a trail suspension. i have used Robert before on my 12 apex xtx and the guy really knows his stuff on valving and The linkage he came up with is really a quality piece.

Back