• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX limiter strap position

Eric4440

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
real quick question, can someone tell me what holes the bolt goes in on the limiters on a stock XTX? The parts diagram shows center hole in front to center rear, I just wanna make sure this is correct. Theres 3 holes on each side. Mine is a 14. Thanks!

Its in FAQ under skid mounting holes.
141-jpg.134187

I see the skid mounting holes on there, whoch mine are in the top holes, but I am talking about the limit straps

Mine was center/center from the factory, it can’t be loosened beyond that as the shock will max out before the straps get tight.

Mine was center/center from the factory, it can’t be loosened beyond that as the shock will max out before the straps get tight.
That’s what I’m finding odd, mine is in the center hole in the front, and the top hole in the back, so tighter than factory I looks like, but the straps still had a little slack in them when in the air due to the shock maxing out. I put them in center/center tonight and they have a lot more slack in the air than the way it was... trying to understand the operation

I was told that even with the shock maxed out the limit straps still will get tight when the suspension operates even tho th it shock has no more travel. Can anyone confirm this?

That’s what I’m finding odd, mine is in the center hole in the front, and the top hole in the back, so tighter than factory I looks like, but the straps still had a little slack in them when in the air due to the shock maxing out. I put them in center/center tonight and they have a lot more slack in the air than the way it was... trying to understand the operation

I was told that even with the shock maxed out the limit straps still will get tight when the suspension operates even tho th it shock has no more travel. Can anyone confirm this?
It should. My 129 I have to use second hole from max because the straps stretched out. Perhaps thats what you have going on. Either way make sure the shock isnt topped out or you will ruin it.

Resurrecting an old thread. I had my grandson's XTX in the garage yesterday swapping out his old rear shocks for the ones that came off my XTX when upgraded mine. I noticed that the limiter strap was tight when the sled sat on the floor, in fact, in order to reattach the limiter straps where they had been, I had to compress the suspension by lying across the seat. Should the limiter straps be that tight? His sled has a lot of down pressure on the skis trail riding, and if it is okay to let out the straps a little, I would like to try it to see how it affects ski pressure and off trail performance.

Resurrecting an old thread. I had my grandson's XTX in the garage yesterday swapping out his old rear shocks for the ones that came off my XTX when upgraded mine. I noticed that the limiter strap was tight when the sled sat on the floor, in fact, in order to reattach the limiter straps where they had been, I had to compress the suspension by lying across the seat. Should the limiter straps be that tight? His sled has a lot of down pressure on the skis trail riding, and if it is okay to let out the straps a little, I would like to try it to see how it affects ski pressure and off trail performance.
It’s okay to let them out as long as they are just slightly limiting the travel. If not shock will be ruined.

Back