• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX rear skid swap out?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I've had my heart set on swapping out my skid for the Yamaha/Cat float 141 because of all the positive things I've read here on TY, but am not having any luck finding a skid in my region. Has anyone successfully wedged in a Polaris 144 skid from the 2015 era of SKS, or better yet the newest IGX skid?

I couldn't see the need to put that kind of money in it. I did the star kit years ago. night and day, certainly the front end is way outdated, but the rear rides soft and I like having it uncoupled to relieve the front end. point and shoot

I am with the Devil, always wanted to say that!. Have had the 141 in few sleds and in current Winder. Would like to update my project Nytro to a 141 also, lighter, more modern and better that old skid could every be. Big bonus is Fox makes shocks for it or if you want Hygear makes a few options available for it to customize it for your specific needs.

Here is a 137" skid on FB in Michigan. G.B.
upload_2019-4-2_9-0-42.png

Man I wish it wasn't a huge battle shipping across the boarder. Ya I'm wanting the huge weight loss with the float skid, and don't mind putting the extra coin into the Nytro, this thing will be in my garage for probably eternity. Love this thing, works wicked and the kids can use it some day when they are old enough to handle a larger sled. It's the only way my wife will let me get a new one lol.

Devil, we have a 137 Viper skid that you can extend. Heck we have the whole chassis for you.

Hahaha thanks that would be mint, but by the time I pay the difference in the dollar, shipping, and the dam boarder duty and crap it will cost a hefty $$$. I'll have to try to keep the eyes peeled for one closer. I do greatly appreciate letting me know!

Devil.... I tossed Timbersled mountain tamer into mine with the stock rails, does not get much lighter than that when done with fox air shocks. It is a trail sled set-up and plenty tough, it has taken some abuse.

I tracked down a 137 skid and am currently installing, just figuring out my rear mounts. Can't believe how much difference there is in weight, 32 lbs to be exact. Ya, other than the rear mount being pushed back, it's a pretty close fit!

Taking a bit of a break with the install, been busy at work chasing combines now that harvest has started lol. As soon as I get back into it I'll get some pics of the mounting and final results.

I will be doing a cat float 141 skid as well this fall. Does anyone know exactly what these come out of just so I can get upgrades for it?

Mine came from a Cat, XF1100 turbo crosstour. Any of the Yamaha XTX models had the 141, and the Cat crosstours, High Country I believe.

Just a couple of pics of the install, I've actually removed the factory tunnel mounts and am currently remounting them in the tunnel further back.
skid 2.JPG

skid 1.JPG

Back