• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX skid Pic

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Anyone have a pic of their XTX skid out of the chasiss but all to-gether. I took mine out to-night. What a pain in the #*$&@. First, I had to un-hook both rear springs, then I had to take the top bolt off the front shock. I probbaly should of done that first. Anyways, I got it out. But, when I hooked the rear springs back up, I'm not sure if the rear shock is sitting right, because when I tryied to compress the rear part of the ski, just the transfer rods moved. Now, it's doing this on the floor of my garage... Anyways, if any one has a pic of the XTX rear skid and rear shock where it is mounted in the sled, but I need to look at the way the bottom of the rear shock is mounted to the skid, if that makes sense. Thanks..

I would assume the transfer rod should move before you are able to compress rear shock. Keep in mind the front and rear of the skid are not linked together by the tunnel. Therefore, you are not maintaining a fixed distance between the mounting locations as you compress it.

SledFreak said:
Anyone have a pic of their XTX skid out of the chasiss but all to-gether. I took mine out to-night. What a pain in the #*$&@. First, I had to un-hook both rear springs, then I had to take the top bolt off the front shock. I probbaly should of done that first. Anyways, I got it out. But, when I hooked the rear springs back up, I'm not sure if the rear shock is sitting right, because when I tryied to compress the rear part of the ski, just the transfer rods moved. Now, it's doing this on the floor of my garage... Anyways, if any one has a pic of the XTX rear skid and rear shock where it is mounted in the sled, but I need to look at the way the bottom of the rear shock is mounted to the skid, if that makes sense. Thanks..

My skid is still out...
See if these pics of mine help from a prior post.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=665160

mach9 said:
SledFreak said:

My skid is still out...

Mach9,
I see in your pics you have the double rate Hygear spring on your shock.
Have you noticed any ride difference with this spring. I have there spring set ready to install. Just curious of the ride benifits with their springs.
Thanks

mach9 said:
SledFreak said:

My skid is still out...

Thanks dude... I think that helps me a bit.. Looking at your spring spacers, I can see how they hold the spring in place better. Mine look twisted in stock forum.

I'm going to snap a pic of mine and you guys tell me it look OK.

SledFreak, Everything was stock and worn a couple months ago.
I didn't know what to do until I pulled the skid and found all the damage.
Who knew this skid was a one year disposable? Kidding!

The following mods were done to my XTX skid...
Hygear rear spring spacers, Shocks re-valved by Shock-tec, 135mm Doo wheels, Extra set of inner wheels at center, Low snow wheel kit up front, Dual rate Springs for center shock, beefed up rear rail area + extra shafts (since some are bending), 2 sets of Ulmers track rub kits (one for top rear shock mount and the other for front lower shock mount), 4th wheel kit, and (main reason for pulling the skid in the first place) modded the top front shaft arm with extra traps to keep the limiter straps from bending up and catching the track. Topic with pics found http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=67248

I know that all sounds like overkill but I'm hoping that next year all I do is a shock rebuild and new bearings if needed.
It's crazy that I had to spend to get most 09 wheels into changeable berings.
But in a small way I thank Yamaha for this goof as now I have bigger wheels with beefier berings, the way it should be.
Looking for a full season on one set of sliders. (we'll see)

If you want more photos let me know, I'll take more today.
The skid goes back in soon.
Looking forward to this season.

mach9 said:
SledFreak, Everything was stock and worn a couple months ago.
I didn't know what to do until I pulled the skid and found all the damage.
Who knew this skid was a one year disposable? Kidding!

The following mods were done to my XTX skid...
Hygear rear spring spacers, Shocks re-valved by Shock-tec, 135mm Doo wheels, Extra set of inner wheels at center, Low snow wheel kit up front, Dual rate Springs for center shock, beefed up rear rail area + extra shafts (since some are bending), 2 sets of Ulmers track rub kits (one for top rear shock mount and the other for front lower shock mount), 4th wheel kit, and modded the top front shaft arm with extra traps to keep the limiter straps from bending up and catching the track.

I know that all sounds like overkill but I'm hoping that next year all I do is a shock rebuild and new bearings if needed.
Plus looking for a full season on one set of sliders.

If you want more photos let me know, I'll take more today.
The skid goes back in soon.
Looking forward to this season.

Thanks, I think everything looks OK, now that I seen yours. I have three sets of extra wheels. One small set at the bend in the rail, 2nd large set same spot as yours and another small set right behind them...
How much for the shock/spring re-valve?

Both shocks rebuilt with revalve was $125
Dual rate spring for the center shock was $165 (not sure if I really needed the dual rate, but I liked the idea)
Add in your shipping and taxes.

Cheers

larrypolaris said:
Mach9,
I see in your pics you have the double rate Hygear spring on your shock.
Have you noticed any ride difference with this spring. I have there spring set ready to install. Just curious of the ride benifits with their springs.
Thanks

Larry, I only have the rear spring spacers in from Hygear.
Dual rate center spring and valving comes from the local Ontario shock guru. Frank at Shock-Tec.
But, I'll bet they work equally as nice.

Cheers

Back