• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX starting suspension settings

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
I have a 2012 XTX and looking for some recommendations as far as base suspension settings. I'm around 200# with gear and this is really my first sled (not counting an old Polaris that was beat to snot and I only used for ice fishing). I can't really say what my riding style is because I haven't ever been on a sled other than pulling an ice shack on a lake. Just looking for a good starting point.

Check the FAQ section at the top of this page, there’s a XTX specific suspension settings thread.

what is it set up like, what did the previous guy have to say, skis. tack etc etc, or is this just like a blanket question. in which case, have you rode it? what is it you want it to do better?

Guy I got it from didn't have much to say, said his kid rode it most of the time. It was all set with everything on the heavy side, all compression dialed way to the right and the 3 position block set to Hard. I've taken it out a couple times now, biggest thing I've found is it's very hard to turn when compared to the '02 Polaris XC I had before. I'm mainly just looking for a recommendation on where to even start with it, do i put everything to as soft as possible and then tune it from there? or am I better off setting everything mid range and going up or down as needed? I read through all pages of the XTX suspension FAQ referenced above and I've got the front springs just barely turned down from rattling and the front skid shock compressed down a bit, just not sure where to even start with regard to rebound and compression. Ski's are stock with a double carbide underneath, not sure on the model of the carbide.

put the rear torsion springs on medium 1st and add 1-2 turns to the front skid shock spring if that does not help. how many miles on the sled? might need shocks serviced.

the milage is high enough that a refresh would not hurt them and the age does figure into that as well.

Get a front skid spring from Schmidt bro’s Motorsports, once the nut hits the spring go three turns. Turn all bound and rebound to around 4 turns in from soft and adjust to ride style. With no weight on front end loosen springs until there is no pre load and go in one turn. I also put on a relocating block that moves my handle bars more forward on the column giving less steering effort. My wife is 120lbs and loves driving my sled. I also have slim Jim dolly’s. This sled is on rails and can steer easily.

Back