• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xtx vs gt ride quality

VMX

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 GT ,2007 RTX, 2011se
Ok you xtx guys I have a gt and have a chance to get a xtx for a good price how does the ride compare I had an rtx with the ck suspension and I hated it put in a ski doo sc10

I loved my 07 RTX 17,700 miles, even love my 12 XTX more, 8000 miles so far, not a fan of the mono.

had the mono 07 GT when I got the XTX. you will be able to ride hared and faster with less effort and fatigue. go for it you wont be disappointed. so many reasons why the 12 XTX is way better. I have listed them on so many of these post like this bottom line do it.

C K suspension in an XTX way better than your o7.
Better than a Doo Suspension stock? No. IMHO.
Star Suspension Kit in the XTX makes it a lot better is the word on here.
I'm putting one in mine this off season even though it is OK stock.

C K suspension in an XTX way better than your o7.
Better than a Doo Suspension stock? No. IMHO.
Star Suspension Kit in the XTX makes it a lot better is the word on here.
I'm putting one in mine this off season even though it is OK stock.
I went from the 06 GT to the 15 XTX , with the Star kit , duponts ,hyfax savers, WRP seat, and UN riser.
It is like it is a completely different sled , in all the best ways , with the tipped up 144".

Attachments

• xtx.jpg
    xtx.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 184
Never rode the GT suspension, but on my '13 XTX, I found the suspension to be very stiff. 235#'s suited up. Did the HyGear dual spring set-up, and night and day difference.

I put the Star Kit with the heavy duty front shock spring , and it was great.
I am not sure how the hygear fix , compares to the Star Kit .
I assume the Hygear fix is less expensive , if only a spring switch , but the star kit has a recommended spring switch , a component linkage change , and a recommended shock , re valve.
I am assuming the Star kit is the more thorough fix .
The XTX skid has binding issues , as was explained to me .

I put the Star Kit with the heavy duty front shock spring , and it was great.
I am not sure how the hygear fix , compares to the Star Kit .
I assume the Hygear fix is less expensive , if only a spring switch , but the star kit has a recommended spring switch , a component linkage change , and a recommended shock , re valve.
I am assuming the Star kit is the more thorough fix .
The XTX skid has binding issues , as was explained to me .

Stock for stock, mono skid rides better unless you weight over 250 pounds.

To do justice to yourself and the sled , no sled should be left stock .
Even if it is just changing carbides , or making upgrades to the suspension.
I believe after owning a 121 GT and a XTX 144 tipped with the Star kit, that when both are upgraded the the GT isn't half the sled the XTX is .
The 121 GT , should never be taken into the deep and fluffy off trail , unless you want to go back in the spring , when all the snow is gone to retrieve your sled.
With the 144 , you can lead and break trail , and actually play in the fluff , with a much greater confidence level , of not getting stuck , or atleast being able to get unstuck .
I was so impressed with the 144 tipped / Starred set up , that I would consider putting that skid in my Sidewinder .
Then I would have adjustable transfer , and with the tipped , it rides like a 129 on the trails , until you get off trail , and 144 kicks in.
I believe I am 249 lbs. , all dressed !

My 2007 Attak GT with EC mono was cushy and imo the best ride Yamaha acheived in their rear skids including the SS. The XTX CK can take a beating but will kick your tail feathers and is NOT cushy at all. The EPS is great and a huge improvement Exup is ok but no biggie and demands premium gas. The 144 floats much better than the 136 and does well on tight twistys too. If I could control rebound of the CK I could min the kick but no adjustment for rebound is very disappointing. Overall the XTX is a better sled than the 2007 Attak but could have been a great sled with a better rear skid.

To do justice to yourself and the sled , no sled should be left stock .
Even if it is just changing carbides , or making upgrades to the suspension.
I believe after owning a 121 GT and a XTX 144 tipped with the Star kit, that when both are upgraded the the GT isn't half the sled the XTX is .
The 121 GT , should never be taken into the deep and fluffy off trail , unless you want to go back in the spring , when all the snow is gone to retrieve your sled.
With the 144 , you can lead and break trail , and actually play in the fluff , with a much greater confidence level , of not getting stuck , or atleast being able to get unstuck .
I was so impressed with the 144 tipped / Starred set up , that I would consider putting that skid in my Sidewinder .
Then I would have adjustable transfer , and with the tipped , it rides like a 129 on the trails , until you get off trail , and 144 kicks in.
I believe I am 249 lbs. , all dressed !

The question was ride quality, but I'll clarify. I weigh 190 dressed and here are my opinions:

I had an 09 apex LTX, and my father had/has 12 xtx. The LTX rode accolades better on groomed trails over the xtx. Xtx better in big G-outs, but LTX better everywhere else. Also LTX performed well on 87, no exup issues to contend with and just as fast.

Xtx sits higher in the back causing rider to constantly slide forward to the tank and required me to constantly stand and move back every couple of minutes while riding.......very annoying.

Lastly, if you plan on putting xtx skid in a sidewinder with the dream of getting a better ride.....best of luck to you!!!

The question was ride quality, but I'll clarify. I weigh 190 dressed and here are my opinions:

I had an 09 apex LTX, and my father had/has 12 xtx. The LTX rode accolades better on groomed trails over the xtx. Xtx better in big G-outs, but LTX better everywhere else. Also LTX performed well on 87, no exup issues to contend with and just as fast.

Xtx sits higher in the back causing rider to constantly slide forward to the tank and required me to constantly stand and move back every couple of minutes while riding.......very annoying.

Lastly, if you plan on putting xtx skid in a sidewinder with the dream of getting a better ride.....best of luck to you!!!
Did someone ask if they could install an xtx apex skid in a SW,why? The cat skid that is in the winder is light years ahead of any ck skid,i had two,and both were terrible in stutters,only good in g-outs,and the cat skid is still way better in them too.

My 2007 Attak GT with EC mono was cushy and imo the best ride Yamaha acheived in their rear skids including the SS. The XTX CK can take a beating but will kick your tail feathers and is NOT cushy at all. The EPS is great and a huge improvement Exup is ok but no biggie and demands premium gas. The 144 floats much better than the 136 and does well on tight twistys too. If I could control rebound of the CK I could min the kick but no adjustment for rebound is very disappointing. Overall the XTX is a better sled than the 2007 Attak but could have been a great sled with a better rear skid.
I understand your comments .
Have you ever driven a XTX 144 tipped skid , with the Star kit ?
IMO , if you do your opinion will change drastically .

Back