• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xtx vs gt ride quality

So Apex is junk and Cat is best! The XTX does not bite with the star kit cause all the guys you spoke to said so! Glad you came over to the Apex forum to browbeat the sled, skid and those who like it! BTW I think the Apex is a better sled then the SW!

Relax.. no need for hostility. Its summer and the snow will be back. Its his opinion and should be allowed to express it like you do. Keep it light and move on all mighty Big Foot!!

So Apex is junk and Cat is best! The XTX does not bite with the star kit cause all the guys you spoke to said so! Glad you came over to the Apex forum to browbeat the sled, skid and those who like it! BTW I think the Apex is a better sled then the SW!
They are two different sleds totally. Apex is lower to ground and knees are in your face more,than a procross sled or poo or doo new rider forward sleds of today. the apex was a good sled in its day,but is dated,slow and don't handle big bumps very well,and front end gets lose in 3-5thousand miles,need to replace all the plastic bushings,and there are to many to have to do so often,if all you want to do,is trail ride groomed trails and ride fast,but not insane,the ape is great. but if you want to have a light weight feeling sled,that you can throw around in bumps and junk trails,and come away feeling great at the end of the day,than a procross chassis is the balls,and now add 200 hp and its really fun. The ape xtx stock from Yamaha,was a disappointment to me,i liked any of my apex monos much better.

They are two different sleds totally. Apex is lower to ground and knees are in your face more,than a procross sled or poo or doo new rider forward sleds of today. the apex was a good sled in its day,but is dated,slow and don't handle big bumps very well,and front end gets lose in 3-5thousand miles,need to replace all the plastic bushings,and there are to many to have to do so often,if all you want to do,is trail ride groomed trails and ride fast,but not insane,the ape is great. but if you want to have a light weight feeling sled,that you can throw around in bumps and junk trails,and come away feeling great at the end of the day,than a procross chassis is the balls,and now add 200 hp and its really fun. The ape xtx stock from Yamaha,was a disappointment to me,i liked any of my apex monos much better.

Almost 11,000 miles on my Apex and not loose bushing to be found. I use the grease fittings! Exhaust donuts are not leaking or worn out. Hand warmers work, EPS is awesome. Seating position is just right and the only thing that might make it better is a WRP seat. I know the Star kit worked wonders! I have rode the procross and its not for me, too many things wrong with it to list here, suffice to say not impressed!

Insane gets you killed along with others around you. I've had had the misfortune to meet quite a few insane riders in the corners on the wrong side of the trail! You say the Apex is slow then you say it is fast, which is it! I know its fast, stable and strong. The turbo Yamaha engine is powerful but if its 200hp then my Apex is 163, both numbers are pre production. Production is lower!

But we will go with your 200hp and wonder then why a a sled with 40 hp less is so close to its top end? Next we will ask do we really need to run the trails at 100mph? Yes I'm a trail rider most groomed some beat to hell and some not groomed. I'm sorry you did not like your XTX, there are a ton of us that do, some stock and some with the star kit. Having never rode yours with the Star kit I find it humorous that you point out to those who have and like it that they are wrong and your SW is the best sled on the snow!

I also had to point out that the thread was about the Apex in the Apex Forum and not the SW in the SW forum. You like your SW, we like the Apex. What is the point of coming to the Apex forum to run it down when the question asked was about the Apex not if the SW was rounder! I was chastised for going to the Cat chassis forums and pointing out their faults as I saw them, so I get a little touchy when someone comes to the Apex forums to point out their faults as he sees them. I keep my opinions out of the SW, Viper forums as a courtesy to the admins. You could help them as well!

So to keep it on track the XTX with the Star kit works very well and rides very nice much better then the earlier ck. The springs can be made to fit the new XTX if one wants a stiffer rate. I went up to the 1,900 from the 1,500 stockers. Nytro XTX I think has the lighter 1,300 springs for the lighter folk but one might be listed for the Apex!

Charley I just cant wait to ride my new to me XTX after installing STAR and Snow trackers and studs. I will be followed by my Viper piloted by either my son or buddy. So we will get a direct side by side review. I am sure I will like both. They are not designed for the samething so guess what guys they will not do the same things well. I tend to be a groomed trail rider early in the AMs when trails are SMOOTH so I have liked my Apexs in the past but admit when trails are trash I would rather be on a Viper / Sidewinder.

Charley I just cant wait to ride my new to me XTX after installing STAR and Snow trackers and studs. I will be followed by my Viper piloted by either my son or buddy. So we will get a direct side by side review. I am sure I will like both. They are not designed for the samething so guess what guys they will not do the same things well. I tend to be a groomed trail rider early in the AMs when trails are SMOOTH so I have liked my Apexs in the past but admit when trails are trash I would rather be on a Viper / Sidewinder.

I think you will be pleased with the new apex xtx. It is a totally different sled then the 10 back. You may find that the trail trash is not as bad as you remember. The Apex has its strong points but with everyone wanting to be a snow cross rider those points get lost. I would really like to get my hands on the new shock setup for the Apex and hope they come out with a kit.

I wonder if you have your shocks redone by STAR they are a Canadian company you know if you would appreciate the results. Thinking about it I suspect you have already done this. Have a great weekend.

I wonder if you have your shocks redone by STAR they are a Canadian company you know if you would appreciate the results. Thinking about it I suspect you have already done this. Have a great weekend.
No to your surprise I did not get mine revalved. i wanted to try them stock first. I was going to send them in last summer but it slipped my mind and when I thought of it was out of time and did not want to take the chance of them not making it back in time. Its on the to do list for this summer and mostly because of the shim they put in the front shock so it does not over extend.

Great even more room for improvement!!

I have your wings ready to ship should be able to get to this week.

I need to get my shocks sent as well then get / install the Star kit.

Great even more room for improvement!!

I have your wings ready to ship should be able to get to this week.

I need to get my shocks sent as well then get / install the Star kit.
+

Super! Easier to fly without a broken wing!

You can install the Star kit in the sled but it easier on the bench! I have to get out to the garage and take my shocks off and send them away. See what difference it makes!

Let me know your progress it will light a fire under my butt.

Plan is suspension out - shocks to Star then install all at once.

Back