• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamacharger

elcho keith

Extreme
hey guy's i'm new to this forum, but really like it. Right now I drive an 05 F7, but my dad and my brother ride an Apex. I really like them, and am proabably going to but one next year. My question is if I buy a used one, is the 2200 for a yamacharger worth not buying a new one? I hate going slow, so I would tinker regardless. Just courious. Thanks. elcho keith.

That's how I was my dad had an apex and I had a zr, but my riding style fit the nytro so well!! I like to jump\ditchbang\ride hard! and the stand up riding style is amazing.....I'm 17 and that nytro is so easy to throw around! LOL sry though im not sure what yamacharger is?

The Apex yamacharger is very much worth the 2100. So far from what I have learned its an easy install and great for trail riding with a little extra horse power (20hp dyno tested) to be exact when you need it.
There is a large post in the apex forum called Yamacharger Simons .... which has a lot of great info ya...

I only hope that will make one for the FxNytro

There will never be one for the Nytro.. The crank spinns to slow.. Only interesting on the Apex at 11000rpms.. Might be a Phazer kit, I have not heard of that though.

Kråkan said:
There will never be one for the Nytro.. The crank spinns to slow.. Only interesting on the Apex at 11000rpms.. Might be a Phazer kit, I have not heard of that though.

I figured that would be an issue..

One bad thing about Wikipedia is people who really don't know what they are talking about can write stuff and it seems they do :)

I have not seen the impeller used in the Yamacharger, but they could refine it so it may work on a Nytro. When I was racing, the supercharger companies would make custom impellers for me to significantly increase "boost" levels without any change in engine speed or impeller speed. It's a complicated task so not sure if adding a gear drive is easier or not.

Look at sledtalk.. CR has one on his Apex. IMO ther ewill be NO or very little gain with one and he also says they will not make it for the Nytro because of the engine RPMs. The impeller is BIG on that thing just because it spinns so slow! 11000rpm isnt much in a impeller.. And 8700-8900 as the Nytro is VERY slow!

Kråkan said:
Look at sledtalk.. CR has one on his Apex. IMO ther ewill be NO or very little gain with one and he also says they will not make it for the Nytro because of the engine RPMs. The impeller is BIG on that thing just because it spinns so slow! 11000rpm isnt much in a impeller.. And 8700-8900 as the Nytro is VERY slow!

it would work on the Nytro. You can spin the Nytro to 9500 easy. that's 1300 rpms from the 10800 the yamacharger makes it's peak power at. the Yamaha charger makes .5 pounds of boost at 5000 Rpm's My guess is you would get somewhere around 1.5 pounds of boost at 9500 RPM's. Remember the Nytro is a bigger bore so in theory it should make more Power per pound of boost as well

dirkdiggler said:
Kråkan said:

it would work on the Nytro. You can spin the Nytro to 9500 easy. that's 1300 rpms from the 10800 the yamacharger makes it's peak power at. the Yamaha charger makes .5 pounds of boost at 5000 Rpm's My guess is you would get somewhere around 1.5 pounds of boost at 9500 RPM's. Remember the Nytro is a bigger bore so in theory it should make more Power per pound of boost as well

This would be a great question for Jeff @ Simons to see if it is feasable or not and at what cost....

Back