• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha A arms

SxVxGeserg

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 side winder mtx 162
so i have 17 side winder mtx and im trying to get all yamaha sled owners thoughts and experiences with their a arms.
Last season was my first season with a yamaha sled I broke 6 a arms in the back country barely made it back every time longest it took was nearly 11 hours too get back but never ended up having to leave it
every single time it was the lower right one and one time lower and upper right arm

i ended up starting to get into hitting jumps and the end of the season and im scared of the all a arms just collapsing

did i just have terrible luck as it was a stump or rock under the snow every time that wasn't visible
or the weight of these Yamaha make the a arms so prone to break,
felt like the sight of any rock and the a arm was folding in haha

my friends on polaris and skidoos abuse the #*$&@ of them and launch them off a cliffs roll them all the time ramming rocks and stumps and sleds still fine

i tried looking for aftermarkets one and couldn't find anything but stock last season
i really like this sled and the turbo but im thinking too see if i can trade it for a 2stroke

Crazy stuff. Knock on wood, I have had good luck with A Arms. I have bent the A Frame that the arms mount to but never an arm. Been on a viper since 14 and swtiched to a winder last season. Good luck with both except for the frame which I mentioned which was on the viper. Hit a rock pretty hard sidehilling.

You could look into options like Zbroz, alternative impact or Skinz maybe. Not sure who else makes them.

Its funny you mention the polaris. I have witnessed 3 bent or broken arms on the axys while in the back country. Same thing, bent while sidehilling, stump or tree jumping in the way.

I have a 16 Cat M8000 so it has the same arms and spindles as yours. I'm like your buddies. I ride my sled hard and they have held up great with the 800 miles I have put on my sled. I do a lot of tree riding so I tend to ride a little slower so maybe that has something to do with it. I have gotten hung up on stumps and logs but my arms still look like new. Now your sled is heavier then mine so naturally there will be more energy there to stop so the weight thing could have a part in this.

Back