• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

That's a bummer, interested to see what you get for feedback from Yamaha if you reach out. Given it's 6 years old it doesn't fall into the warranty bucket but maybe you can get them to agree to discounted parts if you document the failure more for someone in the R&D department?

Can you add some more details - private parts/dealer, all maintenance/fluids good, etc. I've got over 8,000 miles on my 09' Nytro and also bought my sled with reliability pretty high on the priority list.

Sorry for your problem...just wondering the reason the seller gave you on selling it. I bought a TF with 43 original miles on it...sled drove me nuts, very tippy, noise was out of control and the drone at 27mph was over the top. It's a nice looking sled and with that huge windshield to keep you warm are pluses. I got rid of it at 1000 miles. I would talk with the seller about the problems you are having and if he/she represented the problems with the sled up front or didn't in good faith tell you the problems you are having. Yamaha in all likelihood are not going to support a claim or give you a break on parts. However, I did get a new set of brakes for my Audi that was years out of warranty for a mechanic improperly installing them. So try to get the service records for the sled, I believe it had to go into the dealer at 500 miles for oil change and adjustments...if they didn't do a proper check then you might get some help. If the sled didn't go into the shop at 500 miles and you have problems at 700 miles, my guess is you're totally out of luck. This is why it's important to go by manufacturers guidelines for service.
I'm sure I will be corrected on service intervals by TY'ers who know better but you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Good luck!! Joe

That's a bummer, interested to see what you get for feedback from Yamaha if you reach out. Given it's 6 years old it doesn't fall into the warranty bucket but maybe you can get them to agree to discounted parts if you document the failure more for someone in the R&D department?

Can you add some more details - private parts/dealer, all maintenance/fluids good, etc. I've got over 8,000 miles on my 09' Nytro and also bought my sled with reliability pretty high on the pri.

Last edited:

Back