• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Announces Changes To 2019 YXZ1000R

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Read more: https://utvactionmag.com/yamaha-announces-changes-to-2019-yxz1000r/

20c5339d-1859-4ede-b2d2-321f989604a5.jpg

More at Yamaha <click here>

• New Powertrain
    The YXZ1000R proved its Pure Sport performance time and time again. For 2019, a range of enhancements push the envelope no matter where you drive. Drivers looking to tear up gnarly woods and trails will appreciate the lowered gearing with a tighter first gear, ideal for technical riding and sharper torque right off the bottom. And folks looking to blast through the desert will love the beefy new engine internals, which makes adding Yamaha’s turbocharger kit easier than ever.
  • New Cooling System
    Big power means big heat, so for 2019, the YXZ1000R uses an all-new cooling system that not only ensures proper cooling during the toughest conditions, but is designed to ensure the cabin remains comfortable and the radiator stays clear of mud and debris.
  • New Wheels and Suspension
    To ensure the YXZ1000R is able to make the most of its roaring three-cylinder engine, the driver needs to get traction across a range of conditions, so the 2019 YXZ1000R brings updated suspension settings to control the larger 29-inch Maxxis® Bighorn® tires for exceptional grip.
  • Larger All-Wheel Disc Brakes
    The YXZ1000R offers fantastic braking thanks to upgraded, larger-diameter rotors for 2019. Braking feel and power ensure confidence even under aggressive deceleration.
  • New Styling
    Goes fast, looks fast. An updated frame underpins sharper styling from nose to tail, while still ensuring class-leading driver visibility with the aggressively low hood design.

Last edited:

Right!! I hate it.. I dont have enough miles on the one I have now :(

Amen to that. How do you like yours? We only sold one. Tough sell around here since theres no trails to ride locally.

I think Im finally going to sell my trusty 09 Grizzly for a 2019 Grizzly SE. Would love a YXZ but wouldnt be able to fit in 1/2 the places I need it to.

Amen to that. How do you like yours? We only sold one. Tough sell around here since theres no trails to ride locally.

I think Im finally going to sell my trusty 09 Grizzly for a 2019 Grizzly SE. Would love a YXZ but wouldnt be able to fit in 1/2 the places I need it to.

I love the YXZ. Been great to us. I dont even ride the Grizzlys any more, they just sit. To bad they didnt drop that 850 twin in the Grizz.

I love the YXZ. Been great to us. I dont even ride the Grizzlys any more, they just sit. To bad they didnt drop that 850 twin in the Grizz.

I don’t think they will if they haven’t by now. Especially since they updated the 700 motor again this year. Hope they prove me wrong!

What intrigues me most is the Switch from the 708 back to the 686 on the Grizzly/Kodiak. I was just starting to look into getting a Kodiak 700 esp for a 3rd machine since my daughter just got her ATV permit (she would get my 420 Rancher ES), Think I'm going to wait for a 2019 now. Also debating on selling one of my ATV's and grabbing an Wolverine X2 and go with a 2 seater + 1 ATV combo for us 3.

What intrigues me most is the Switch from the 708 back to the 686 on the Grizzly/Kodiak. I was just starting to look into getting a Kodiak 700 esp for a 3rd machine since my daughter just got her ATV permit (she would get my 420 Rancher ES), Think I'm going to wait for a 2019 now. Also debating on selling one of my ATV's and grabbing an Wolverine X2 and go with a 2 seater + 1 ATV combo for us 3.

I wonder why they made that change.. made the motor smaller?

Yes me too I have the 708 in my Wolverine r spec not sure if they have seen problems or not. I did hear the 708 was not built by Yamaha.

Yes me too I have the 708 in my Wolverine r spec not sure if they have seen problems or not. I did hear the 708 was not built by Yamaha.

I heard that too. Heard it came out of China. I have a 686 in my 2007 Grizzly that we big bored to 710 with a JE piston and Raptor Cam and porting. Its fun as hell.

To each is own, but I had a 2009 Grizzly that I sold for a 2016. I did not like the 2016 and I regret selling my 09. The 09 rode smoother and was more nimble and fun to ride. To me, the 09 felt like a sport utility. The 2016 felt like a straight utility machine. Maybe the Kodiak would be better.

The 708 was built by Subaru. I heard the contract with Subaru was up so they decided to go back to the 686.

My 708 was not reliable. Thankfully, Yamaha rebuilt it under warranty.

I find it interesting that the YXZ gets updated rods yet as of now the 16.5 + Viper owners are still stuck with the junk rods. Hope they update the sleds too. I was saving $ for a used or leftover YXZ but now am thinking I best hold off till I can get a new one. Maybe take a loan out I am sick of waiting!

No wonder I'm seeing lower prices on '17s and '18s....

Back