• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha apex rtx monoskid- switch to torsion spring

brad14880

Extreme
i have 2006 yamaha apex rtx, wanna get rid of the monoshock, what is a torsion spring suspension that yamaha has that would be a better ride, or a sc10-3 im really looking into that suspension after riding a rev...PLEASE somebody must have another opinion other than revalve and respring because the monoshock just doesnt soak up the bumps like a torsion spring suspension...

I bought a 2007 Apex RTX at the beginning of the season. Spent the rest of the season looking on eBay for a monoshock skid to swap out because I hated the torsion spring setup they switched to in 2007...

They say it is the rough trail sled, but the only time I could stand riding the thing was on very smooth trails.

I put the money into the mono skid and amazing ow. I had pioneer performance set it up and it rides better than my xp

That makes sense, I figured the mono should ride better. I made the mistake of coming off of a M-10 to the RTX. I'm not sure what that suspension is for, you could put two people on it and jump off a garage roof without worrying about bottoming out. Some people might want that, but I ride alone and on trails.. :)

Back