• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Bravo front end..

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Just bought a 1986 Bravo for my daughter, but I noticed it is a little tippy. Funny, when I was 14years old, I thought that front end was wide and stable compared to my elan. My question, is does someone make a kit or something to make the ski stance wider on the Bravo. I know years ago, (were talking decades... LOL...) I bought one for my Elan and I believe it widen the front end, by a couple of inches. Any help?

We used to use 3/16 or 1/4 inch flat plate and made are own in the old leaf spring days If you want redy made try royaldistributing or dennis kirk for mail order solutions hope this helps merry christmas!!

SledFreak said:
Just bought a 1986 Bravo for my daughter, but I noticed it is a little tippy. Funny, when I was 14years old, I thought that front end was wide and stable compared to my elan. My question, is does someone make a kit or something to make the ski stance wider on the Bravo. I know years ago, (were talking decades... LOL...) I bought one for my Elan and I believe it widen the front end, by a couple of inches. Any help?

LOL.. I just picked up an 85 bravo in mint condition for my daughter.. Its almost the same yamaha blue as todays sleds, looks great and runs perfect but I rode it around the house and the street today and noticed the same thing. I tipped it on its side in my back yard and realized it might be a little tippy for her... I also had one when I was 12, a red 82. I remember thinking what a "modern" and "sleek looking" sled it was back then. I had a Mack truck bull dog mounted on the front of mine when I was a kid, lol... But I won't let her do that, hers is too nice to be putting anything like that on it... Anyway, if you find any kind of front end widening kit let me know, I'd be interested in one for her bravo too..

It was a trip to ride it around today. I had a great time, it was like a trip back in time... I was ripping it up the road and pulling the skis like crazy, what a fun time.. I can't wait to get her out on it for a ride, she was on the little 120 proX last year, thats her brothers now...

Just got a 84 excel 340 from my uncle. was sitting in the barn for years. took it apart, changed all the fuel and oil lines, cleaned the carb painted the pipes and put it back together. started 2nd pull Sorry as my post is off topic but reading this brought back memories.

mr.pitstop said:
SledFreak said:

LOL.. I just picked up an 85 bravo in mint condition for my daughter.. Its almost the same yamaha blue as todays sleds, looks great and runs perfect but I rode it around the house and the street today and noticed the same thing. I tipped it on its side in my back yard and realized it might be a little tippy for her... I also had one when I was 12, a red 82. I remember thinking what a "modern" and "sleek looking" sled it was back then. I had a Mack truck bull dog mounted on the front of mine when I was a kid, lol... But I won't let her do that, hers is too nice to be putting anything like that on it... Anyway, if you find any kind of front end widening kit let me know, I'd be interested in one for her bravo too..

It was a trip to ride it around today. I had a great time, it was like a trip back in time... I was ripping it up the road and pulling the skis like crazy, what a fun time.. I can't wait to get her out on it for a ride, she was on the little 120 proX last year, thats her brothers now...

You and me are in the same boat. My 4 year old gets the 120 now and she gets the Bravo. Mines a little rough, but it's workable. It needs a new windshield and belly has a couple of dents, but other that it's pretty good. Needs a little TLC, but that will be a summer job.

These were on the Shadetree snowmobile site. I put some on an old Enticer i bought and went through for something to do. I did a lot of neat little tricks to it. It was pretty cool and ready for some vintage sno cross, lol. I sold it shortly after. Dumb! I had less then $100.00 into it. I sure like those Enticers, my favorite is a blue 300.
Mike.

Attachments

• 08-163.gif
    08-163.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 3,388
Back in the 80's I installed those spacers on my springer Polarls. I ended up bending them upwards over time. We then put aftermarket wider skis on it and those helped out.

SledFreak said:

I got my kids an 89 Ovation last winter, it wouldn't steer worth anything, so this year I put C&A ski's on my REV, and put my Precision ski's on the Ovation.....what a difference it handles like a new sled.

My buddy picked up a set of those widener brackets for his old exciter. They are pretty thick, I don't think you'll have to worry about a youngin bending them up.

We made our own custom widener brackets, out of some 1/2" steel and a torch lol

spike337 said:
These were on the Shadetree snowmobile site. I put some on an old Enticer i bought and went through for something to do. I did a lot of neat little tricks to it. It was pretty cool and ready for some vintage sno cross, lol. I sold it shortly after. Dumb! I had less then $100.00 into it. I sure like those Enticers, my favorite is a blue 300.
Mike.

Ya, but how does that work with where the shocks connects to the spindle thingy....

In other words, that may move the spring and ski, but what about the shocks?

Attachments

• post-77-1230821282.jpg
    post-77-1230821282.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 366
spike337 said:
I don't remember if i used a longer bolt, and just used the outside of the mount?

Longer bolt won't do anything. The shock needs to relocate as well.

If you place the shock on the left of the original mounts to equal the new width, you would need a longer bolt, right? lol. I'm getting myself lost. It works, i've done it in the past.

Back