• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Canada president to retire

Will they start making Yamaha pro cross sleds at the Georgia plant now?

Well I look at it this way. In 2012 this guy came in. In a rushed less than year retrofit they made deal with cat and rode it out since. And made absolutely 0 technological advancements or new motors in 15 years aside from the sidewinder and that’s been 7 model years old now (23’s releasing). As much as I defend these sleds and the shock advancements with iqs then the revised front end which is still incredible and updated rear which really helps a lot they need to make some moves. New or revised motors. Sidewinder is incredible but they can start shaving weight on motors and changing some stuff. New front half of chassis to move motors back farther and lower if possiable. Back is more important imo. New chain case, some new body and a bit more evolved gauge.

1049 from viper can use some big improvements and become lighter and better motor. The 998 non turbo would make a great 110-120hp class sled which they need desperately.

Jarrett where have you been? You haven’t asked what color stickers we wanted for this season? I am diehard Yamaha. I try and promote to other dealers to pick up the line so I can have a dealer I like since rest near me suck. I don’t wanna change to Polaris fully because they left bad taste in my mouth buying the girl hers this year (should be delivered next week finally) but that change was the plan if nothing improved. Dont need much just a small reach around to show you’re improving and developing. Refine the fit and finish, refine bodywork making narrower and better wind deflection, move rider placement forward and back and up and down to find better riding positions for handling/ balance and so on. Some crumbs would be nice.

Well I look at it this way. In 2012 this guy came in. In a rushed less than year retrofit they made deal with cat and rode it out since. And made absolutely 0 technological advancements or new motors in 15 years aside from the sidewinder and that’s been 7 model years old now (23’s releasing). As much as I defend these sleds and the shock advancements with iqs then the revised front end which is still incredible and updated rear which really helps a lot they need to make some moves. New or revised motors. Sidewinder is incredible but they can start shaving weight on motors and changing some stuff. New front half of chassis to move motors back farther and lower if possiable. Back is more important imo. New chain case, some new body and a bit more evolved gauge.

1049 from viper can use some big improvements and become lighter and better motor. The 998 non turbo would make a great 110-120hp class sled which they need desperately.

Jarrett where have you been? You haven’t asked what color stickers we wanted for this season? I am diehard Yamaha. I try and promote to other dealers to pick up the line so I can have a dealer I like since rest near me suck. I don’t wanna change to Polaris fully because they left bad taste in my mouth buying the girl hers this year (should be delivered next week finally) but that change was the plan if nothing improved. Dont need much just a small reach around to show you’re improving and developing. Refine the fit and finish, refine bodywork making narrower and better wind deflection, move rider placement forward and back and up and down to find better riding positions for handling/ balance and so on. Some crumbs would be nice.
Good Luck with that, its whatever Textron decides is what Yamaha will get for updates, once Yamaha was a leader in the snowmobile business, now their company belongs and relies on Cat, all that's left to the Yamaha snowmobile division is Yes men and bean counters, zero Pride anymore.

Last edited:

The 1049 really is a 998 non turbo....at least I think so.

Three cylinder four-strokes suck to be honest! They eat & rattle clutches and are hard on belts. Harmonics are atrocious on a three cylinder four stroke. They need to being back the under-driven cushioned output shaft on the four-cylinder. We need that damn Apex engine back in a good lightweight chassis that handles and rides good!!!

Back