• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha color-matched gear for the 2020 'Winders?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
'Hoping to keep this thread in this forum due to its relatedness to the 2020 Sidewinders....

Is Yamaha only using FRX gear for their color-matched clothing line for the 2020 'Winders?

Is this brand of gear warm? I mean like for -25F without factoring in the windchill riding creates?

I have always used 'Doo gear, and found their BV2S helmet (now replaced by the Oxygen model), jacket & bib pants, and boots able to keep me warm at really cold temps.

Does Yamaha typically only start to offer their new color-matched gear for the new sleds about the time the sleds begin being delivered?

Last edited:

35AB9F1D-BA03-4FE5-8C09-D315B67727B8.jpeg

Ordered this to match my XTX LE. Never been very into the fxr stuff branded with Yamaha. As far as fxr for the cold I’ve never been disappointed. Unless it is around 0-10 degrees out I ride with just a shell and take the liner out.

Thanks!
Can anyone else share their FXR gear experience relative to it's ability to keep you warm in extremely cold temps?

I have a FXR Octane jacket, nothing fancy but sledded at -30 deg celcius this season and no issues.

My wife wears FXR gear (adrenalin series). She is cold at anything less than 30C. She is always warm in her gear and we have been out at -30. She bought a HJC floater before that and it was too cold.

MoroFist Warmest and Dryest .

I only wear FXR gear. Super warm and I have ridden many times at -25 F. Be aware when making your selection as FXR makes gear for all different types of riding from full performance trail, crossover, and mountain. They also show their warmth rating on each jacket and bib so you can gauge how warm it will be for your type of riding. I ride the Team series and have never been cold once. Also, has great ventilation in all their gear so easy to unzip to get some cooler air flowing if you get too warm. Majority of the trail versions come with a removable liner for warmer days and very easy to unzip and take out.

I ride this one as it looks awesome with my Red/White sled.
jacket.png

Love my FXR gear. Four stroke jacket and pants, boots and gloves. No complaints at negative temps.

Back