• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

Mr Y

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex TTX - 2014
Yamaha Venture MP - 2010
(ATV ) Yamaha Grizzly 450 eps- 2016
What comes after yamaha apex, viper ., Sidewinder is not the solution.
What is next Yamaha on the drawing board? The old chassis from cat does not last long.
Not having new models is a major betrayal to dealers and we customers.
Developments have not been good and they can not only blame for poor profitability
Better they end up than releasing bad outdated models,

What is your opinion?

Whatever Yamaha brings next, I look forward to it.I would like to see a 160 hp sled $15-$16000.

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying, but not sure i fully agree with your whole statement. The Sidewinder is a huge success, but it is on a 6 year old chassis. This motor is THE talk anywhere i go. People come outside & walk right by my buds' 850 to ask me questions about the 'Winder.

I think the TEXTRON deal with AC is going to dictate where Yamaha goes next. There are many possibilities here:

1. the deal stays the same & Yamaha supplies some engines & uses AC chassis
2. deal stays , but the Big Y adds an updated chassis of their own to cross-over when deal is done
3. Textron & Yamaha completely separate causing Yamaha to build their own sleds
4. Textron & Yamaha completely separate causing Yamaha to leave the sled business
5. Textron actually INCREASES use of Yamaha motors in other areas making Yamaha a lot of $$$ and still having sleds
6. Yamaha SNAPS! Builds whole new chassis & line-up with a variety of engines including a mountain 2-stroke
7. MrSled gets a headache & gets rid of this thread all together if it gets nasty

Although most people want #6, i think a combination of 1,2 & 5 are most likely.

1 or 2 are most likely. I really don't see chassis design evolving much more and we are most like going to only an evolution of the Procross chassis in the foreseeable future. I think all the "patents" that have be found in recent years will be applied to procross 2.0

Textron is a very smart company. They may see the value in partnering with the big Y on performance type motors. If the price is right. My AC dealer that just opened up, is in a farming community that loves toys & go fast stuff. He's already got some Textron equipment for sale. Buying AC could be a good deal for them. Keeping Yamaha on board in some fashion could also be very productive...how that helps OUR cause is yet to be seen

Love my sled but #6 would be exciting.

Last edited:
will boys hate to bust your bubble but i went to haydays this year and at the Yamaha tent there was no passion or excitement or anything going on and it's there 50 yrs selling sleds and good one. They are doing nothing to promo this at all hardly and 50th gear to buy one jacket and it is the same jacket that was sold last year and they put 50th patches on it and the FXR logos are bigger than the Yamaha one. Yamaha dealer that i was at was very disappointed at what they are offering. i can tell you Yamaha is very happy with the deal with cat and the number of sleds it selling and the Snoscout so if i where you guys i would not look for any big things yo come. that mine 2 cents on this and talk yo some of the old yamaha guys i jnow that are retired .

This is purely my 10cents but from a business standpoint, I bet Yamaha is, where it wants to be. Shortly they will have streamlined all their product lines predominantly into one chassis - very similar to their competitors. They get to specialize in engine building, which is their strong suit. And let someone else build a chassis for the their low volume snowmobile division. I can only see expansion of models types in the future in the Procross.

Lets face it, the sidewinder is nothing to slouch about. It was a pretty impressive entry to the sled scene. imo.

MS

will boys hate to bust your bubble but i went to haydays this year and at the Yamaha tent there was no passion or excitement or anything going on and it's there 50 yrs selling sleds and good one. They are doing nothing to promo this at all hardly and 50th gear to buy one jacket and it is the same jacket that was sold last year and they put 50th patches on it and the FXR logos are bigger than the Yamaha one. Yamaha dealer that i was at was very disappointed at what they are offering. i can tell you Yamaha is very happy with the deal with cat and the number of sleds it selling and the Snoscout so if i where you guys i would not look for any big things yo come. that mine 2 cents on this and talk yo some of the old yamaha guys i jnow that are retired .

I tend to agree. Yamaha tent was kinda dead compared to the Doo & AC tents, but i feel like Sevey above. I think the big Y is happy making money & still offering a sled with THIER own kick-arse motor without all the R&D time, money & production costs. My .02 cents

What comes after yamaha apex, viper ., Sidewinder is not the solution.
What is next Yamaha on the drawing board? The old chassis from cat does not last long.
Not having new models is a major betrayal to dealers and we customers.
Developments have not been good and they can not only blame for poor profitability
Better they end up than releasing bad outdated models,

What is your opinion?
WHAT???

Personally I think Yamaha will continue the joint venture with Arctic Cat even under Textron control. Cat is a pretty small builder of sleds compared to BRP and Polaris and any additional volume in the plant will be welcomed. The market just isn’t big enough anymore for both of them to go their own ways.

Back