• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Debuts 2020 Proven Off-Road ATV Lineup

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
upload_2019-6-5_9-56-48.png

Yamaha Debuts 2020 Proven Off-Road ATV Lineup
Grizzly EPS LE offers factory-installed WARN® Winch
TORONTO, ON. – June 4, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Canada announces its Proven Off-Road
recreational, utility, and sport ATVs for model year 2020. All deliver Yamaha’s class-leading
capability and comfort, allowing off-road enthusiasts to confidently REALize their Adventure.

“Yamaha’s 2020 lineup of off-road ATVs provide a wide variety of choices and superior value
to riders of all backgrounds,” said Bryan Hudgin, Yamaha’s National Marketing Manager.

All of Yamaha’s 2020 ATV models have been updated with new colour options and better
integration for new genuine Yamaha accessories, reinforcing Yamaha’s commitment to
delivering the most capable, comfortable, and confidence-inspiring off-road vehicles in realworld
environments.

upload_2019-6-5_10-7-8.png

Yamaha’s proven Ultramatic® automatic transmission, On-Command® 2WD / 4WD system, and
Electric Power Steering (EPS) deliver predictable and consistent power. The Grizzly’s durable
chassis also combines ample ground clearance with adjustable suspension, long-travel shocks,
wide-arc A-arms and full-body skid plates to tackle rough terrain with ease.

The new 2020 Grizzly is available in Blue, aluminum wheeled options in Green and White,
Realtree Edge Camo, and a Limited Edition (LE) Matte Silver with new machined aluminum
alloy wheels and a factory-installed WARN® Pro Vantage 2500 winch.

2020 Kodiak 700: Built to Tackle the Real World
The Kodiak 700 delivers Proven Off-Road performance and durability through its Real World
Tech features, including Yamaha’s Ultramatic® transmission with natural-feeling, all-wheel
engine braking. Select models also feature On-Command® four-wheel drive with full differential
lock and Yamaha’s speed and torque-sensitive EPS, all combining to make the Kodiak 700 the
most powerful and capable ATV in its price category.
upload_2019-6-5_10-11-7.png

The 2020 Kodiak 700 is available in Dark Red. Kodiak 700 models equipped with EPS include
Blue, aluminum wheeled options in Green and Beige with Realtree Edge, and a Special Edition
(SE) Matte Black option with aluminum wheels and a factory-installed WARN® Pro Vantage
2500 winch.

2020 Kodiak 450: Mid-Size ATV with Real World Performance and Value

The 2020 Kodiak 450 combines Yamaha’s legendary durability and reliability with class-leading
handling. Powered by a 450-class, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with electronic fuel
injection, it delivers work-ready performance with more than 1,300 pounds of towing capacity,
while its compact and nimble chassis handles tight and technical trails with ease.
upload_2019-6-5_10-20-40.png

The 2020 Kodiak 450 ATV is available in Dark Red. Kodiak 450 models equipped with EPS
include Green, Blue and Beige with Realtree Edge Camo, and an SE Matte Silver with painted
bodywork and aluminum wheels.

2020 Sport ATVs with high-performance design: Raptor 700 and YFZ450R
The YFZ450R, Raptor® 700R and Raptor 700R SE deliver Yamaha’s ultimate combination of
power and lightweight handling to ATV riders in all off-road environments. A durable steelaluminum
frame combined with a controlled-fill aluminum sub-frame and swing-arm produce a
supremely stout yet ultra-lightweight sport ATV.

Lightweight performance and Yamaha’s YZ-style, fully adjustable piggyback shocks make
Yamaha’s line of sport ATVs versatile machines capable of handling any terrain from tight,

The YFZ450R is available in a Team Yamaha Blue with colour-matched seat, A-arms and
frame. The Raptor 700R is available in Team Yamaha Blue with a color matched seat, A-arms,
and frame, and an SE option in Dark Red and Grey.

2020 Youth ATVs feature Proven Off-Road capability for Young Trail Riders: Grizzly 90,
Raptor 90 and YFZ50

The 2020 Grizzly 90 combines Yamaha’s renowned performance and versatility with a fun and
confidence-inspiring 90-cc engine and CVT transmission for entry-level riders (10 years old and
up) to develop their off-road abilities. The youth model offers several Grizzly DNA features,
including mud-protection fenders, trail-pointed comfort suspension, front and rear cargo racks,
and new Grizzly-tread tires.

The 2020 Raptor 90 brings the world of sport ATVs to riders ages 10 and up. With sporty styling
based on the top-selling Raptor 700R, this entry-level ATV offers Yamaha’s Proven Off-Road
sport ATV performance, legacy and quality to the entire family.

The YFZ50 introduces the fun and exciting world of sport ATVs to riders ages 6 and up. Inspired
by the championship-winning DNA of the YFZ450R, this youth ATV brings Yamaha’s Proven
Off-Road performance and confidence to the next generation of budding motorsports
enthusiasts.

The 2020 Grizzly 90 is available in Yamaha Blue. The 2020 Raptor 90 is available in Team
Yamaha Blue and White. The 2020 YFZ50 is available in Team Yamaha Blue and White.
rocky trails to wide-open motocross tracks.

For a comprehensive model breakdown and full unit specifications, visit Yamaha-Motor.ca or
head into your local Yamaha dealer.

Connect with Yamaha on your favourite social channels:

Facebook: @YamahaMotorCanada
Twitter: @YamahaMotorCa
Instagram: @YamahaMotorCanada
YouTube: @YamahaCanada

Last edited:

I don’t follow the off road stuff like I do the sleds. But I might be in the market for a sxs. Any idea on when the 2020 sxs’s will release?

Maybe Yamaha will get more aggressive now that Honda is starting to push the envelope!

What's Honda doing? Sorry, I don't have much context.
It looks like they are really pushing ahead with their Talon line up! They just released 4 seat versions in the X and R Talons.

It looks like they are really pushing ahead with their Talon line up! They just released 4 seat versions in the X and R Talons.
I was looking at getting a yxz but Honda upped their game and came out with the talon and it gas a few features i like over the yxz, hi low range, automatic with paddle shifters and some actual usable bed space, not to mention that awesome handling suspension.
I can't seem to find the article anywhere but I believe Yamaha is supposed to come out with a new sxs that's going to compete with the Polaris general and can am Maverick, love the general but not so keen on the reliability, just have to wait and see, otherwise a new yxz next spring it is.

I find it odd they didn't keep the "mud ready" SE package on the Grizzly, seems like it checked most of the "aftermarket" boxes that most people add anyhow. I'm glad I picked up a 19' Backcountry Blue Kodiak 700SE last month, the new color choices are very meh. Been a Honda guy on the ATV side forever but the Kodiak 700se was a far better value, and more powerful than the Rubicon 500 I was looking at.

My dealer told me that they are announcing their 'big tire' atv in less than 2 weeks.
Notice that there is not a big tire model in the line up just released, like there was in 19. I'm not sure if this is anything to get excited about, after all, we are talking about the manufacturer who comes out with a good machine on occasion, and then lets the competition catch up and pass them while wondering what just happened.

Usually just before September. They show them off at Hay Days.
I was checking when they released the 2019 side by sides last year. They released the new updated YXZ and the Wolverine X2 in early June of 2018. Maybe they are waiting to see what everybody else has done before they release. Well it seems like all the other OEM's have their 2020's announced. We are waiting Yamaha! LOL!

My dealer told me that they are announcing their 'big tire' atv in less than 2 weeks.
Notice that there is not a big tire model in the line up just released, like there was in 19. I'm not sure if this is anything to get excited about, after all, we are talking about the manufacturer who comes out with a good machine on occasion, and then lets the competition catch up and pass them while wondering what just happened.
Dealer said they decided to push the date out, so we wait to see if that is true. Sorry

I'd really like something between the Wolverine and the YXZ.
But the Wolverine X2 R spec may just be my next toy.

Back