• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Extrovert Upgrade Parts

garserio

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper
2001 AC Z370
2006 AC F120
To Port:

Can you list the 2010 parts necessary to upgrade my 2009 Nytro RTX SE to the extroverts? I already have a fully clipped Ice-Ripper XT track, so I just need to know the parts list for the driveshaft conversion. Does Yamaha offer the whole shaft subassy?

Thanks!

Garserio - Yamaha does not offer the whole shaft subassy with the drivers already on it - I believe that is what your asking. My recommendation if your looking to upgrade to extrovert drivers would be to purchase the Wahl Brothers extroverts $163.95 as the stock style extroverts Yamaha uses have a set of simply extrovert drivers and then a second set of standard drivers. The Wahl Brothers style combines the extrovert and standard drivers all on one set of drivers. The problem with the Yamaha set-up is that having the extrovert and standard drivers separate can cause a timing issues between the two drivers. Yamaha has been using that style on the mountain sleds for the past few years and we have seen problems with the extrovert drivers slightly spinning on the drive shaft and then being out of time with the standard drivers creating problems. If you have any questions on this give me a call as I most likely can explain it better over the phone. Below I have attached a link to the Wahl Brothers drivers on our website if your interested in those and the part number you would need is 1241-0009.

PS - If you still want me to get you a quote on the 2010 part numbers let me know.

http://www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat ... DRIVE_.htm

I appreciate the response. I definitely understand what you explained about the potential timing issue.

What can you tell me about the clearance of the extroverts? Will I have to shorten my rail tips? I assume not since the 2010's have them.

Finally, have you seen good longevity of the Wahl drivers? Are they comparable to the stockers?

Thanks!

I don't think you will have any clearance issues with those drivers and the rails on a 121" Nytro - the XTX's are a different story as they need slight modification to the rails to get the clearance needed. As far as longevity goes on the Wahl drivers we have them on a couple of our personal sleds and have sold them to numerous turbo/supercharged customers and have had no problems or wear issues with them at all.

Back