• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Finance Advice

sab2022

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder S-TX GT
Not sure where to post. Anyways, selling my sled, and have a buyer. Yamaha Finance (YF) holds the sled Title/Certificate of Origin. I have a Yamaha Card balance for a PWC (waverunner) and the sled (winder). I called YF in September to find out what the card balance was on the sled, and paid that amount. When YF received my check (exact sled amount) they applied it to the card balance, not the sled so, no sled release of the Certificate of Origin.

Weekly phone calls with customer service that promise correction get nothing done. YF email don't get a reply. YF has admitted the sled should of been paid-off (30 days wait for certificate release). Starting next week will start the YF letter campaign. Trying to talk to a YF manager is tough and some customer service agents don't want to release there ID's for fear of not getting done what they promise. What a racket!

Any advice appreciated, wits end, becoming an A$$hole on the phone since I know the routine, lost patience. Getting cold. Thanks

File a complaint with Better Business Bureau

The problem was Yamaha customer service. They don't know their own organization. After repeating the same question each week I finally got somebody who said "you need the Yamaha title division". I said: "You have a Title Division?" and they said "Yes, and they will take up your case in 30 days", then it was next week, then another week went by, then I wrote a letter, finally the title division lady called "ME" and in a few days it was solved, and then......

I have USPS Infomed delivery (image of todays mail), the USPS failed to deliver the Yamaha letter w/ the title. I had to go to the main USPS Office with a picture of my mail for that day showing the Yamaha letter that wasn't delivered. The USPS lady looked at the picture and walked away into another room, and my heart sank, BUT she came back with the Yamaha letter containing the title in her hand.
and No I can't make this up.

Don't blame you for getting rid of your Winder, This should have been a easy and smooth transaction, your first call to customer service you should have been directed to the title division and you should have been taken care of, Yamaha customer service is so constipated with functional idiots makes you wonder about the rest of Yamaha, glad you got it sorted out.

Back