• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha fly weights

GreenMtnRx1

Extreme
I have a 2006 apex with the stock primary flyweights is there a yamaha flyweight with the same cuvature but heavier. I like the engine braking and it has a good straight shift but I want to lose 500 rpms.

change the rivets to heavier ones. 2 grams in the tip ???? to pull @500 rpm down. someone correct me if I am wrong on the grams.

I have the 4.5 gram rivets in the flyweights. I don't think there is a heavier rivet. Maybe I will try a lighter spring first.

GreenMtnRx1 said:
I have the 4.5 gram rivets in the flyweights. I don't think there is a heavier rivet. Maybe I will try a lighter spring first.
We have some made up with lead rivets home made that work good,pm me for info.

Where is it running at anyway?

Depending on where you are at with Secondary twist now, why not just take 10 degrees off the Secondary's Wrap. That should drop your RPMs by 300-500. It will try to up-shift faster and load the Engine a bit more.

GreenMtnRx1 said:

A lighter spring is cheating. It'll effect your engagement too. Adjust your RPM's with the weights

You could also weld on the back of the weights and then match them back up by filing them back a bit until they all weight the same. You will need a gram scale to match them up. We used to do this on out Arctic Cat weights, a long time ago.

Back