• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Is Moving Its USA Headquarters Out of California!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX

Wow that surprises me! I always thought the Yamaha was a leader in the bike world but I have never looked at numbers before. Well hopefully this move will help them regain some profit. You would think in a world where winters are getting shorter and summers longer that the motorcycle industry wouldn't have a problem selling bikes.

Wow that surprises me! I always thought the Yamaha was a leader in the bike world but I have never looked at numbers before. Well hopefully this move will help them regain some profit. You would think in a world where winters are getting shorter and summers longer that the motorcycle industry wouldn't have a problem selling bikes.

I think its just problem in the States. I know Europe and Asia the markets are booming.

I think its just problem in the States. I know Europe and Asia the markets are booming.
Yeah I guess I should have just said the US as that's what I was referring to when I said world leader. I guess people just don't like riding bikes in the US anymore.

Yeah I guess I should have just said the US as that's what I was referring to when I said world leader. I guess people just don't like riding bikes in the US anymore.

Its the prices, everything is too expensive and the middle class wages are to low for the cost of living.

Luv the picture of Laurel and Hardy moving the piano. Lol I’m not a fan of any biz in CA saw the cost of the company products I worked for rise 20 to 50% more than our competitors located in the eastern and southern USA. Same as Yamaha cost of land and labor in CA was too high to be profitable. Imo this is an excellent change.

I think the tax in california is %13.3..that is crazy expensive!!!Suzuki is looking to move there plant out of california also in the near future...I think there is a Big movement happening in california called #RUN AWAY!!!LOL

Its the prices, everything is too expensive and the middle class wages are to low for the cost of living.
Yeah I suppose! Everything keeps going up in price but wages don't or not nearly as fast. Its tough for us young guys to be able to buy nice products such as bikes, sleds, atv's and whatever else and still live a decent life money wise. Luckily for me I have been working since I was 15 and went to a trade school when I got out of high school so I got a good jump on life so I'm able to afford my toys. The place I work at has a guy that studies the economy and he was telling me that if prices don't come down or wages don't go up to where they should be that this country is going to be in big trouble soon and I have a feeling he may be right.

Middle class carries the country. If we disappear the poor and 1% alike will be screwed

The middle class isn't disappearing. That would require a significant reduction in the population. The middle class is being redefined by the youth who have completely different values than the middle class of the older generation.

Yeah I suppose! Everything keeps going up in price but wages don't or not nearly as fast. Its tough for us young guys to be able to buy nice products such as bikes, sleds, atv's and whatever else and still live a decent life money wise. Luckily for me I have been working since I was 15 and went to a trade school when I got out of high school so I got a good jump on life so I'm able to afford my toys. The place I work at has a guy that studies the economy and he was telling me that if prices don't come down or wages don't go up to where they should be that this country is going to be in big trouble soon and I have a feeling he may be right.

When your buddy says prices have to come down he means the necessities, not luxuries.

Good move to get out of California. Worst state in the country by far.

NY is a VERY close 2nd to the left coasters. Extremely high county and state taxes, completely dysfunctional state government.

Back