• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha nytro lean afr

Nytroed

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Yamaha nytro
Hello everyone I have a 08 nytro that runs lean with fuel control box maxed out. The sled used to have a 240 kit now has 180 switched fuel control box and nothing. Mpi has been 0 help anytime I called. I ride 7-10000 ft and 7-8 # of boost. Sled seems to run OK till you try to gain rpm then a pop and Afr jumps to 20s. Anywhere to start?

Hello everyone I have a 08 nytro that runs lean with fuel control box maxed out. The sled used to have a 240 kit now has 180 switched fuel control box and nothing. Mpi has been 0 help anytime I called. I ride 7-10000 ft and 7-8 # of boost. Sled seems to run OK till you try to gain rpm then a pop and Afr jumps to 20s. Anywhere to start?

Are you sure your AFR sensor is good? What fuel controller are you running?

Are you sure your AFR sensor is good? What fuel controller are you running?
I have changed the sensor and the fuel controller. I have the gems controller. The fuel pump is a mpi upgrade but it starts weak then turns to a fast squeal. Not sure if that's normal.

I have changed the sensor and the fuel controller. I have the gems controller. The fuel pump is a mpi upgrade but it starts weak then turns to a fast squeal. Not sure if that's normal.

If you have the gems maxed out and the AFR is lean, you have the wrong controller.

I was also thinking this. Anyone near you have a 180 kit?
I have the 240 controller and the 180 controller and have swapped them back and fourth no change. I am the only 4 stroker out here.

is the fuel pressure dropping on it?

Something else does not add up.
That I'm not the only 4 stroke on the mtn? Ya tell me about it I've scrambled everything that I could think of I am a pretty decent mechanic and I understand most all of it. Any other thoughts?

That I'm not the only 4 stroke on the mtn? Ya tell me about it I've scrambled everything that I could think of I am a pretty decent mechanic and I understand most all of it. Any other thoughts?

I have installed an Apex Charger that run ok until I added a little box from Dave at Hurricane and 2 Nytro Chargers and they have worked pretty good box stock 180hp at sea level. Could be fuel pressure or a bad controller.. I am at a loss. If you don't like dealing with MPI, contact Dave at Hurricane. I had a strange spot in my first Apex that he figured out for me. I was chasing my tail for 2 years on it.

I have installed an Apex Charger that run ok until I added a little box from Dave at Hurricane and 2 Nytro Chargers and they have worked pretty good box stock 180hp at sea level. Could be fuel pressure or a bad controller.. I am at a loss. If you don't like dealing with MPI, contact Dave at Hurricane. I had a strange spot in my first Apex that he figured out for me. I was chasing my tail for 2 years on it.
Ya I am going to check the pressure this weekend. And I will have to try to find his his number and see what he says. That's kinda where I'm at!

I wish I could be more help. Hard to help when you can be there to actually hear and see what its doing. Daves number is 613-925-2019, thats the last number I show or check online https://www.facebook.com/Hurricane-Performance-Canada-Inc-655887444516904/
Hey thanks I appreciate it all everything helps! This Colorado weather is changing towards winter I hope and I want to ride the fat nytro my little my 850 is too light and nimble. I kinda like to feel like I went to the gym a day or two! Lol

So I lifted the track and 13.9-14 at idle 11.2 at 2500rpm 13 at 3000 Afr then a fast roll into full it jumps to 20s-30. 1.5 # at idle. Pressure Gauge hasn't showed up yet any thoughts with new info?

Back