• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro MCX 180 turbo "bogging" at low rpm.

stevalknieval

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 MCX Nytro 162 MTX SE
Last weekend I was out riding and had a few troubles with the sled. We rode the first day up to a little town in -24 degree Celsius with no issues. Had something to eat and came out about a hour later, sled fired up fine and idled, but hesitated a bit once we got going around the 5000 to 6000 rpm range. Sled ran good at WOT running no more then 6 pounds boost, but as soon as throttle was decreased, the sled hesitated a little bit and stuttered before throttle was re-applied. I added some gas line antifreeze to the fuel the next day after thawing it out but it didn't seem to help. I took the sled back home and looked it over quick in the garage and found a loose positive terminal on the battery. Could this be the culprit? Could bad fuel or poor plugs also cause this? I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue before on a yamaha nytro with a MCX 180 kit. any comments or help is greatly appreciated.

Last weekend I was out riding and had a few troubles with the sled. We rode the first day up to a little town in -24 degree Celsius with no issues. Had something to eat and came out about a hour later, sled fired up fine and idled, but hesitated a bit once we got going around the 5000 to 6000 rpm range. Sled ran good at WOT running no more then 6 pounds boost, but as soon as throttle was decreased, the sled hesitated a little bit and stuttered before throttle was re-applied. I added some gas line antifreeze to the fuel the next day after thawing it out but it didn't seem to help. I took the sled back home and looked it over quick in the garage and found a loose positive terminal on the battery. Could this be the culprit? Could bad fuel or poor plugs also cause this? I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue before on a yamaha nytro with a MCX 180 kit. any comments or help is greatly appreciated.
Did you figure out the issu? I have recently installd mcx turbo on my m7000. Its working good when doing high rpm, but when driving slowly the rpm seems to flicker, even though im keeping the throttle position the same.

Back