• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro MTX

Nice. I'm from England and moved to Vancouver after doing snowboard seasons in Whistler for 5 years.

I've always wanted to try sledding even before heading to Whistler. Its a steep learning curve but loving it. I'm looking at sleds on Craigslist and can't wait for winter come get here.

I won't be replacing it this winter as there is no point while I'm still learning. I'm just browsing Craigslist to see whats out there and what newer Yamahas are like.

I do like the power and the reliability of the Nytro, but I enjoyed how easy the Ski-doo was to ride (as its lighter) when I tried my mates.

I'm sure once I get better the Nytro will become easier to ride.

Do you still ride Brohm?

No. I live in Central Oregon now and rarely made it back to Canada. I still ride a Nytro though, and have been making parts for the Nytro for many years now. It's a solid chassis and it's shortcomings have pretty much all been addressed by the aftermarket.

Nice. I'm sure the more I learn overall they better I can set up the sled to suit me.

There is a ex Yamaha dealer in Squamish who runs his own shop so I'm thinking about taking it in there and see what he thinks.

Oh question for you, my mate had the handle bar straight up and thats the way I've kept them. On the Ski-doo they areat about 45 degrees back so in line with the steering column (hope you understand that).

Would you recommend moving the back?

Back