• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha only built 3,000 sleds in 2010?

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
In my latest Snowtech it says yamaha only produced 3,000 sleds in 2010? Is that a misprint?

I saw that too. Seems awful low to me. Can anyone come up with some sales figures for the other three sled makers???

Seeing how 3 different local dealers didn't have a single 2010 in stock when I bought my 09' new november 30th, I may believe that. One was still waiting for 2-10' vector ltx's they had on order at that point.

Reasons? Economy is forsure a culprit but that still seems like a very low number of sleds produced.

The local dealer here only got 2 sleds. 1 Nytro and 1 Nytro XTX. They sold the XTX but the Nytro is still sitting there.
They sold about 18 Ski-Doos with two more still on the floor.
Owner said they are only alotted 6 2011 Yamaha sleds. He said they used to average about 100 sleds a year.

TurboJamie said:
Reasons? Economy is forsure a culprit but that still seems like a very low number of sleds produced.

That and when ya consider the new sleds being introduced by the other makers compared to Yamaha (only 1 new model for 2011) you have to wonder if Yamaha is seriously in this businees anymore.

Its almost like yamaha is closing the deal on them building sleds. I understand the cuts this past 2010 year. But now the huge rise in price says to me they just want to make less sleds with the profit of the same margin as when they sold more sleds.

I love yamahas, I really do. But honestly in the next 5 years the ONLY sled manufacturer I see still making tons of sleds at affordable prices is Skidoo.

To me BRP is the only company left in the game that seems to be serious about making sleds for the long haul.

Yamaha is such a large company that makes so many products, do they really need and want the sled division anymore?

This is how I see it, sleds need to go more to the basics like they used to be so they are cheaper. They all need to be fourstrokes, and probably significantly less power then an apex for example.

Season after season with little snow, recession never ending, money being harder and harder to set aside and current us wakos in charge of this country and making laws tougher and tougher while taking away job after job... You really see yourself buying anything like a sled new in the next five years with where this is all headed? Maybe yamaha is doing what they always did, looking way into the future.

They say the world's ending in like 2012 anyway isn't it, so really doesn't matter, lol!

Maxout01 said:
Its almost like yamaha is closing the deal on them building sleds. I understand the cuts this past 2010 year. But now the huge rise in price says to me they just want to make less sleds with the profit of the same margin as when they sold more sleds.

I love yamahas, I really do. But honestly in the next 5 years the ONLY sled manufacturer I see still making tons of sleds at affordable prices is Skidoo.

To me BRP is the only company left in the game that seems to be serious about making sleds for the long haul.

Yamaha is such a large company that makes so many products, do they really need and want the sled division anymore?

This is how I see it, sleds need to go more to the basics like they used to be so they are cheaper. They all need to be fourstrokes, and probably significantly less power then an apex for example.

Season after season with little snow, recession never ending, money being harder and harder to set aside and current us wakos in charge of this country and making laws tougher and tougher while taking away job after job... You really see yourself buying anything like a sled new in the next five years with where this is all headed? Maybe yamaha is doing what they always did, looking way into the future.

They say the world's ending in like 2012 anyway isn't it, so really doesn't matter, lol!

You nailed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you posted... Yammie seems to care more about bikes, quads, and wave runners..... They make a great motor.. Maybe they could sell "motors" to the other makers.. They have missed the boat for years by leaving the 120 kids market empty... How stupid.. Cutting off the future big sled owners, I mean if a kid loves his small doo, cat or poo that's what he will buy when he's old enough to pay for his own......................... Duh !! MM.

I don't know the number either, but...........was at Pats in Greenland, Mi. in early March and was told they had/ sold 29 Vectors and Vector LTXs! :yam: My local dealer here in Grand Rapids got 1! I just bought a leftover at Nelsons in Greenville and I think they said they got 20 some total?? By the way they still had one White Vector LTX GT left last time I checked!!

Seems to be a low number but heres some food for thought.Honda only made TRX420s & 680 Rincons for the 2010 model year,the rest were 2009s rebadge as 2010.Suzuki from my understanding rebadged 2009 motorcycles as 2010.Times are tough,only the ones with low carry-over will make a profit.Polaris got burned alot this past decade with high carry-over.

cleaning out the old inventory and scaling it down....and yes they will still be around,,thats why the price increase...to support the decline in volume...
also..the engineering is being stretched...what would be released in year 3 for example is coming in year 5...but doo will do that also...

less dealers and less volume....just market adjustment...sign of the times..

I see still making tons of sleds at affordable prices is Skidoo.

Affordable? Did you see the prices on the new 800 etec. its almost the same as the apex se, the cheaper sleds on the market are proably a Polaris, if your looking at prices.

Back