• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha or Oft Racing?

N87Turbo

New sled owner (2012 Nytro XTX) just wondering if the oft racing tether kill switch with rollover valve is better than the one offered by yamaha? Seems like a lot of guys run the oft and I haven't seen much talk about the yamaha one.

Thanks!

I have no experience with the Yamaha one but to my knowledge the only real differences in the kits are the tethers. They both use the same ROV. I just put a OFT kit on my sled with the Pro Armor tether and I recommend going that route. The tether is by far the best tether i have found and very easy to use and as many have said on here is durable and lasts. I am completely satisfied with my kit from OFT. It is plug and play, simple instructions and installs in under an hour (well mine took a bit longer because I modified my riser to mount the tether directly to the riser and not the bars).

I bought the one from the Yamaha catalog, and it was made by four stroke solutions. I think they are the same thing. The only difference now maybe the tether itself. I think the new ones from oft are using the arctic cat style cords. the Yamaha ones may be the same now too. Not sure on that.

Just to clarify, the Four stroke solutions uses a Cat Tether. OFT uses a Pro Armor Tether.

Also to clarify, the Yamaha one is not made by Four Stroke Solutions but by MPI and uses a different tether yet.

The one in the yamaha catalog by mpi are not available any more.There is a patent on it and Mpi got there hands slapped.Maybe they switched vendors and are offering them again through yamaha?

I have the Yamaha one. No issues with it and it has a marine style tether.

OFT or 4-stroke solutions. If given a choice I alway support those that support the site

Back