• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Phazer 2 PZ480 Question

Andrew780

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
90’s Phazer 2 PZ480
I recently got this sled before the winter season here. We haven’t had much for snow this year but here and there we’ve had little dumps and I’d take the snowmobile out hunting. I noticed it ran pretty good but that it was a little bit sluggish. I was told to run some sea foam through it and to dump it in with the fuel. Ever since I’ve done that, the sled Boggs out and runs terribly right off the get go. If I turn the choke on, it ran a little better. I read online the the pilot jet screws should be 1.25-1.5 turns out from front seated but I noticed that the sled runs a lot better 2.5 turns out from front seated. There’s still a small amount of seafoam in the system as there’s lots of white smoke as it runs. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I still pull the carbs for cleaning or does seafoam usually do the trick?

Back