• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Primary Clutch Tool ?

NyTrOMaNIaC

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just wondering if there is a useful tool for Yamaha primary clutches that makes it easier to take the clutch apart when changing springs or weights ? I've used them on my Rev years ago and they made clutch work a lot easier, just wondering if Yamaha or someone makes one for these clutches ? I read that some guys were just going out and buying a long threaded bolt and using a LOT of washers, but I'd like to have the proper tool for the job. Appreciate your help or advice ;)!

For spring & weights, no need for a tool.
Cover removed, if you look closely there are 6 plastic like buttons on which the moveable sheave slide. In order to service those one must unscrew (clockwise) the spider from the fixed sheave.... this is where special tools are required... pricey i suppose.

I knew there was a tool out there. :-o Bunker Hill Clutch Dummy Tool, guess I'm the only dummy who wants one LaLaLa

J&T is one of the few distributors I've found for it incase any other dummies are interested :tg:

It allows you to be able to change springs or weights in the primary right on the trail with the clutch still on the sled, and the reviews I've read on it are excellent.

http://www.jtatv.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=7

I think i will buy one. And they says it will work with any spring lenght or stiffness. So they should be able to work with the HC's.

I haven't received mine yet, so I can't say from experience, but the details say any spring, so I assume that includes the HC spring. I'll find out this week and report back.

Back