• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha R.I.P 2013-02-20 or ?

I'd buy one. All of my regular riders were cats except for the last 2 which were Yamaha. The only reason that I switched was I loved the looks of the RX-1 ever since they came out & had to have one. I never had any problems with the Cats or even had to bring them back to the dealer. Not even a blowen belt for that matter. I think that this might be a very good thing if it's true!

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
DoktorC said:
It has a genesis motor....5 valve....meaning Apex motor not a Nytro motor (according to the pictures..)

OOOOH REALLY.......Are you Sure????...Better Look Again :jump: :sled1:

I'll bite my tongue.

I just hope that they are made in Japan....that Yammy has improved the quality of the Cat product, that they are using the CURRENT APEX motor....and that they are NOT USING DIAMOND DRIVE!!!!!!

87gtNOS said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
DoktorC said:
It has a genesis motor....5 valve....meaning Apex motor not a Nytro motor (according to the pictures..)

I'll bite my tongue.

I just hope that they are made in Japan....that Yammy has improved the quality of the Cat product, that they are using the CURRENT APEX motor....and that they are NOT USING DIAMOND DRIVE!!!!!!

they havent used diamond drive since 2011 but I agree with everything else you said. If its real i have no doubts that yamaha will be very strict on quality control!

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
DoktorC said:

I'm not sure about anything....I'm shocked and appalled that yamaha wouldn't build their own chassis, even if it was just a copy of the PC...to me it's a kick to the groin for those that have supported the brand because it was something better...now it's not. But....at least one of the photos had a genesis sticker...

09nytro said:
Its funny ...everyone wanted something new and lighter....and now all they are doing is bitching about it...this kind of sled is what everyone wanted :jump:
True, but they wanted it built by Yamaha

Here's a quote from Rock....and this holds so true of so many people I know!! I hope Yammy has fixed all these problems!!

Rockmeister said:
Am so weary of towing the 2013 SHOWROOM NEW Cat back to the hotel, it is unreal.

Puts itself in reverse while going forward down the trail.
Secondary blows up.
Eats $200+ dollar belts for lunch.
Chaincase explodes.
Broken jackshaft.
Twisted splines. (Who makes splines so weak, they twist???)

This is the short list.
In 2600 miles.
On a BRAND NEW sled.

Has LOTS of "garage miles" though.
The 2600 miles is the ONLY miles it was able to be ridden out of approximately 10,000+ miles ridden total in the 2 seasons, the rest of the time it sits in the garage waiting for more broken parts replacements to come in.

So unless the chassis issues are fixed, it will be junk.

(But will look good in your garage waiting on replacements parts that will fail the same way.)

AKrider said:
I hope all the brand loyal, blue goggle wearing, Ricky racer posers leave to another brand. Otherwise they will piss and moan the new YamaCat rides too stiff, handles too aggressively, doesn't look pretty, isn't "pure" enough to be a Yamaha. That mentality has been holding Yamaha back for years. In the meantime Cat offers performance, sleds that can actually go around a corner, bash through the bumps and aren't the laughing stock of the industry whenever they show up for a race.

Holy crap has your schtick gotten old. Hopefully this new release will either shut you up or make you lose interest in this site. Is there an ignore function here? ;)!

ya know, I've never been offended by anything AKrider has ever said, at in some cases even agreed with him.

just saying

Not to judge a book by its cover ...but if that thing looks like a cat and when I see it up close it starts to smell like a cat ......I will be more than happy to stick with my current Apex with the M-10 air ..... My hats off to them changeing up to keep interest but now days the real reason is for the suit and tie gang at the top....its ALL about the money not what the customer will get!

Back