• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha responds to my email

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SRViper R-tx-Le
i emailed Yamaha about top speed issue and said nicely that I spent $14000 on a 85mph sled. I said the handling was great and I liked the machine but a $8000 Polaris sled could kill it. I said few other things nothing bad but there only response was to check out forums or performance shops. They are not in that business. That's all I got. I was hoping some more people would email them too. They have people doing tests and engineering all the time. They could help fix there own issue. Just my two cents.

Well my 09 nytro would only hit 97 on speedo so that's about 85 to 90 on gps so I didn't think these sleds are to far off the nytro speeds ..... Gps on viper and speedo is only 1 mph off ......

That means these are almost a 500 class sleds at these speeds. I didn't realize all yamahas speedos were not accurate. I ride with 3 nytros they said they were hitting 97 ish easier but that may be why. Is vector the same they are to be quicker too. If speedo is accurate.

Last edited:
Nytro speedos are not accurate. I know I owned one since 08. The viper speedo is far more accurate.

My Nytro speedo was very very accurate. On an extended ride used trac log on GPS to compare, Nytro said 209.7 KLM, GPS said 206.9, if ODO is correct SPEEDO has to be.
My 04 Viper was dependant on what I ran in, I could make a pass K and it would read 170, turn around switch to MPH and do the same pass and it would read 112 MPH, it gained about 10/11 KPH, 7/8 MPH.
Something was lost in translation.

Lucky for you. Mine was not but than again I did not care because I rarely looked at it. Just because the odometer states one thing does not mean your speedo is accurate I pull over speeders all time and what they had their cruise set at is not what the radar picks up. The most accurate speedo I have ever seen is the crown Victoria as it was a fleet vehicle for police cars. Viper is within a km.

speed = distance/time

if your odometer matches up with accurate GPS Odometer that means your speedo would be accurate as well.

I have seen 106 on my nytro speedo on hard pack RR bed. mid 90's are no problem at all and in short distance also. My speedo was only off 2-3 mph at most

Here again what makes you think the other sleds or as you say 500 class sled have accurate speedometers???

Nytro setup will always be faster than the Viper simple because of the exhaust design. Viper exhaust is a pretzel.

speed = distance/time

if your odometer matches up with accurate GPS Odometer that means your speedo would be accurate as well.

This assumes that the electronics are programmed correctly and the fact that 'Nytros rule' gets different speeds switching from km to mph makes me wonder if there is some software issues.

Who is goin by speedos I'm goin by past sleds and feel and the ones that fly by me. The Polaris xc 500 sp will do more than 85 mph I had one. Same as 600 pretty much and one flew by me on Saturday. Not to manny sleds won't do 85mph theses days. This is the only sled with so manny bushes around here that I have been looking for more top end. the ones that won't are under $8000. And I bet a few of them would

i emailed Yamaha about top speed issue and said nicely that I spent $14000 on a 85mph sled. I said the handling was great and I liked the machine but a $8000 Polaris sled could kill it. I said few other things nothing bad but there only response was to check out forums or performance shops. They are not in that business. That's all I got. I was hoping some more people would email them too. They have people doing tests and engineering all the time. They could help fix there own issue. Just my two cents.

At this rate they won't be in the sled business very long either...

So what does the Ctec 6000 Cat do?

Back