• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha sidewinder Close loop

YamSideWinder

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder 2017
Hey guys,

I have a Yamaha sidewinder 2017 XTX with TD tune (stock exhaust bundle).I also bought a close loop ecu master from TD last season with no issues till yestherday.

I was going for little ride and I notice my AFR on my cluster was going from 14.7 to around 80-120.
I thought it was my o2 sensor was cook so I order a new one.Now with the new sensor install I start the sled let it idle for a few minutes it will read around 14.5 to 14.8 and eventually it’s will stay at 14.8 and stay there event if go full throttle.

Does anyone have the same issue I trying to figure what can be the problem.

Much appreciated!

have you checked the vacuum lines going to the sensor?

I bought two closed loop systems Jan 22 and one fail after a couple rides the second one did exactly what you are describing. Hurricane finally admitted that there was a bad batch of ecu master modules in the supply chain and replaced them both no charge
Took a lot of conversations to get it resolved but Dave came through

I’d almost guarantee that is your problem

Good luck

Last edited:
sooo i thought i had same issue last year as mine would start cold at mid12's then idle at 14's, when cruising would be in 14's but hit throttle an it imediately drops to the high 11's. i bought ne Bosch wide band sensor and still same. runs great, some times off throttle will see 15, have even set my auto tune in low range to 14.2 instead of 14.6.

upped my fuel pressure to 48psi and it still on a cruise no load low boost is running 14.6... but let off throttle it goes to 12's then comes back to 14's, if i hit throttle it drops as well. get great fuel eco but would rather see high 13;s on cruise. WOT is 11.7... just cruising is high. dont know what else to do to richen up.

Back