• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha SideWinder Family

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
Mullet style: Business up front and party in back....

A very positive review for the family, and I have to say with a proper clutch set up even at 260-270 hp my Winder is very docile at low speeds, but an animal once asked to perform no matter how slow you are going. Just an impressive family for this trail runner!

It's kind of refreshing to have a positive thread going every so often regarding these awesome sleds.

Anyone care to post up any pictures of your 'Winder family members or share any of your positive stories about your 'Winder experiences this season?

Nothing in this world is more thrilling and exciting then getting on some big wide open trails and rolling in to the throttle. Some of the high speed runs we done this season would have definitely caused a 2 stroke engine meltdown if trying to keep up to us!!

Only one problem with a tuned 998!!!! I will never been happy in the future with any sled unless it has a minimum of 250hp

Went to the TD Stock Muffler bundle tunes (EcoTrail, PowerTrail, and Max Spool 16) on my '19 LTX for this season after 1,666 miles being stock last year. Put 2,400 smiles on it this winter! Absolutely agree 100% with this review. The throttle is so smooth and linear making it so easy to drive at any speeds and then a monster with just a bit more thumb.

I love reading these positive posts. Keep them coming folks with pics!
sled.jpg

I really think that the host of Snowmobiler TV, Jeff Steenbakkers does a hellava job hosting the show. I appreciate his dry wit and sense of humor.

If you want to know his thoughts on Bold New Graphics check out his take on the 2019 SideWinder LTX-LE:

Went to the TD Stock Muffler bundle tunes (EcoTrail, PowerTrail, and Max Spool 16) on my '19 LTX for this season after 1,666 miles being stock last year. Put 2,400 smiles on it this winter! Absolutely agree 100% with this review. The throttle is so smooth and linear making it so easy to drive at any speeds and then a monster with just a bit more thumb.

View attachment 154327
Love the wrap!!

View attachment 154327

Nice pic!

Outstanding job with the new look and front end change up. ;)! ;)!

Last edited:

View attachment 154327
Very nice look. Any kick backs from FXR!

Not all Sidewinders but there are a couple in this pic.
15 Viper LTX (mine), 17 Sidewinder LTX SE, 17 Sidewinder RTX LE, 12 Apex SE, 06 Apex GT (mine), and 18 ZR9000 137.
Pic taken by the Grand Marais Tavern on March 7th.

0306201459a-1.jpg

View attachment 154327
One of the best looking Winders. Very nice.

Back