• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Snodeo Support & Ride Reviews

Caveman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha, Polaris, SkiDoo.
The 25th anniversary of the NH Snodeo was this weekend. We still have a month plus of riding left up north in NH/ME and this is always a great event that hundreds ride into and demo the new sleds. The OEM's bring their haulers and tents and it's a great time to demo anything you may want to purchase down the road. This year Skidoo shows up with 20 sleds to ride - 10 850's and 10 other models. Arctic Cat shows up with 10 sleds, Polaris brings 7 sleds, and because Yamaha was supposedly busy doing a photo shoot in Arizona (makes sense), they don't show up and send a dealer instead with 3 sleds - 2 Vipers and a Sidewinder. Pathetic. The OEM's efforts this weekend appeared to equal their position in the market.

Here's my one line reviews of what I rode - basically back to back to back so it was easy to compare:

Skidoo MXZ 850-rides great, handles great, motor is quick but way too much vibration in bars to ride all day.
Skidoo 900 ACE - quiet, smooth running, but just not enough power, it's a dog.
Skidoo 1200 Renegade Adrenaline - rides great, motor is smooth but the throttle lag/response is pathetic.
Artic Cat High Country 8000 - nice motor, good power, easy to throw around but not comfortable.
Artic Cat ZR8000 153 - same as above, almost flipped it, heavy steering, no interest.
Polaris 800 Rush XCR - awesome sled, by far the best ride of the day. Smooth power, handles great, sticks to the trail, compact, fast - like it.
Polaris 600 Indy SP - great ride, not enough power.
Yamaha Sidewinder LTX 137- obviously big power, handles and rides OK, steering is just way too heavy, heaviest of the day, can't imagine a 200+ mile day in the twistys, like the power but no interest unless they can figure out a way to lighten the steering.
I'll keep my Apex - for now, but that Polaris 800 XCR is one great sled.

Back