• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Steering posts?

honda400ex2

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
Hi,
I been looking into the steering post angle on different Yamaha sleds. My 2009 Nytro has the angled post with the more up and down steering. What current models (Last 10 years) have what type of steering right now (Sidewinder, Viper Etc). Debating to switch to a different sled; I like the more rider forward type ride, but still having a hard time with the up & down type steering.

Is there a fix; currently have the steering post forward relocator. Helped some, but wondering if there is anything else out there.

Seen the Barn of Parts MPS, look to be a great addition for steering effort, but I believe the bar angle won't be affected.

Thanks for the help
Tim

If your looking for more horizontal bar movement as opposed to vertical bar movement, the mountain steering setup on the 15 and newer Viper MTX might be the answer. I ride an LTX (trail version) which I converted. After having horizontal bar movement, I find that I really dislike the lay down post where the bar drops to your knee on inside corner. I ride mostly off trail and stand much of the time so the vertical post and horizontal bar movement works best for me. All the Vipers can be converted with OEM parts. Winders would take some fabrication.

Thanks SnoNinja, this might be worth looking into if I can retro fit it into the Nytro. It looks like a U joint type connection to change the post angle. I will have to take a closer look if there is space available and if the mounting points could be reworked.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• 2015 Viper Steering.PNG
    2015 Viper Steering.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,403

Back