• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha SV1 protective vest

Steve Wright

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SRViper L-TX SE
Is anyone using one? After an incident last winter where I broke 5 ribs I think I'd like to get a vest to wear. Lots of reviews on tekvest but not a lot of info on the SV1. I have no problem putting out good money to buy a tekvest but would like some options to chose from.

Thanks Steve

I did a ton of research on this subject last year.the leatt brand was the best i could find.i haven't ordered one yet but will be before riding season begins.have alot of big trips planned & want the extra measure of safety

For the most protection a vest without a zipper is the best. The one piece chest plate will spread out impact forces better than a zip up with two pieces.
Having said that I use a zip up Tek Vest. Hope to never find out who good it works.

I ended up going to the Toronto show and picked up a Tek vest from Royal. I was able to try it on and find my size. I was worried about sizing ordering online. I saved the taxes buying at the show.

i have all ways wondered how restrictive or bulky the feel when riding. my buddys and i look at them at the beginning of every year thinking that it would be a good idea but no one ever gets one for the feeling of getting hot or feel like your being compressed all the time. curious as to how they feel when riding?

I am worried about comfort and heat while riding. I also hope my jacket fits comfortably over my full rigging and the added vest.

Back