• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Venture thoughts....

did she every find the sled tippy or sloppy?

No not at all. We did rent a regular Venture (non GT or TF model) in Yellowstone in 2007 and found that machine to be very tippy and neither of us liked that one but we are both happy with the 15 GT.

I have a 2013 Venture GT. I think that was the 1st year of EPS on that model... I bought it used with 1300 miles. I always figured EPS was a luxury item. After 4 full seasons, I can tell you I will never own another sled without EPS (a 4-stroke anyway). Nice and light steering with or without my wife. As stated, adjustments/ski changes can be made to make the sled a great trail sled.

So comfortable, it put's grand kids sound asleep. I had to drive the last 4 miles through the woods on a twisty trail-- one-handed in order to hold on to him. NO WAY I could have done that without EPS...

20160102_142441.jpg

I think the '07 is carburated. Not sure what year they went to fuel injection but I wouldn't buy anything that isn't fuel injected.

2012 was the first year for EPS on the Venture and Vector. Yes the 07 I drove was the carb model.

I have a 2013 Venture GT. I think that was the 1st year of EPS on that model... I bought it used with 1300 miles. I always figured EPS was a luxury item. After 4 full seasons, I can tell you I will never own another sled without EPS (a 4-stroke anyway). Nice and light steering with or without my wife. As stated, adjustments/ski changes can be made to make the sled a great trail sled.

So comfortable, it put's grand kids sound asleep. I had to drive the last 4 miles through the woods on a twisty trail-- one-handed in order to hold on to him. NO WAY I could have done that without EPS...

View attachment 150354
I like the way that sounds

Amazing how a sleds suspension settings can alter a riders feel for a machine. 2up sleds must need to be set to a marginal condition/setting to accommodate anticipated needs? Weight of driver v rider, trail conditions and even the amount of carbide under the skis. Being Long tracks, attention to toe in of the skis, ski pressure and weight transfer all must play a large part in keeping them in a rulely state.

We have a very old 2up. It has pretty easy rear spring adjustments, But after watching the sled suspension tuning vid in the Tech section here, I'm sure there is much needed tuning and set up on even our newest solo sled.

Back