• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha warranty very questionable - I hope reps are reading

Xtxcasselman

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 xtx le
Being told by my dealer that Yamaha is getting more and more difficult to work with. All warranty repairs done back in March are now being questioned, and dealers are not being paid.

We are talking about the standard things that keep breaking, gears, oil leak at tank and shaft bearing... Yamaha wants a full history detail. Pretty soon dealers are not going to want todo any warranty work...

I have had lots of yamaha and have had next to nothing done on warranty, know that i have a artic crap chasis and need to use it, yamaha is giving a hard time to my dealer....

Not impressed, lucky covid 19 cancelled spring check,, because i was really looking forward meeting the new reps

Same here, my dealer has to kick and scratch to get things covered.

I have not had any issues with warranty. Covered my valve job in feb in a 17 viper with 3500 miles on it. And a few other misc things over past 5 yrs

I have not had any issues with warranty. Covered my valve job in feb in a 17 viper with 3500 miles on it. And a few other misc things over past 5 yrs
This is new, since march. Sounds like yamaha staff are pretty lonely at head office.

It wasnt rosy in the past but it got done, now he says its hell... this is from two dealers i heard from

I personally think the writing has been on the wall for awhile. Covid19 may be the straw that breaks the camels back for AC and Yamaha snowmobiles.

My dealers Yamaha spring orders were down 90% compared to last year.

Yamaha's warranty work is all pre approved before it is done so the only way they would not be paid is if they did something that was not approved. I have never had any problems with Yamaha's warranty on snowmobiles, atvs, or sxs sounds like your dealer is blowing smoke up your #*$&@. If your not happy with the pc of carp chassis then go by something else. Spring orders are down accross the board if you think it's going to affect Yamaha and Cat so bad how about the other manufacturers that have hundreds of left over machines from the past several years laying around in crates yet.

My dealer and Yamaha have stood by the warranty, actually they have been pretty great. Just surprised the parts coming in have been off spec.

I personally think the writing has been on the wall for awhile. Covid19 may be the straw that breaks the camels back for AC and Yamaha snowmobiles.

My dealers Yamaha spring orders were down 90% compared to last year.

It will be really interesting to see what the overall numbers look like. My dealer's Yamaha spring orders were actually up 400% from last year. An anomaly I am sure. There are a handful of us here that ordered though.

As for warranty issues, it isn't unique to Yamaha. Honestly, I feel its part of the dealer's job to go to bat for you in these situations. My riding buddy had a brand new Polaris 850 this season with less than a 1,000 miles on it (fully stock), while doing 30 down a trail in the U.P., the rear suspension imploded. It took the dealer weeks of fighting with Polaris to get them to cover it. Thankfully, it was pretty much the end of the season, as it took almost a month.

Last edited:
warranty department have been clueless in 2014-2015... I wonder why? Instead of working on quality control, they have drop their warranty coverage...

Sad fact:crap:

Dont get me wrong, its the best sled i ever had:Rockon:

I am done with Yamaha. Other than my Nytro. Anyone looking for a pile of crap 19 powersurge Sidewinder xtx le?

I feel your pain!!! I’m stuck with my 17 BTX. Going to build another turbo apex and keep winder as a back up, which is dumb the apex never needed a back up. Some how it lessens the pain of wasting my money in my head. ‍♂️

Hey guys, hope everybody is well. I hear you all. After 3 years on my Winder...I’m jumping ship too. My Apex was rock solid..turn key and go. Rode it for 9 seasons without any issues whatsoever. Made me admire YAMAHA so much, that I didn’t think twice about ordering my 18 Winder RTX.

But other than my Winder being very fast..it’s no YAMAHA of old with regard to durability and reliability. The Cat DNA has plagued my experience unfortunately. It’s Shortened my trips on more than one occasion, and also left me stranded in the woods this year.

It’s a beautiful sled...and I would never bash, but I find myself always having to do something to it/fix something/worrying about what’s gonna blow or go next, and it’s robbing my joy of the sport now. And I’ve lost some confidence in the machine at this point.

So I hate to say it, but I’m done for a little while with YAMAHA Sleds. Not saying I won’t be back at some point, but I’m jumping ship for a bit.

Like Steve and Dan, I’m heading over to Doo. I Spring ordered a 21 Ski Doo MXZ X-RS 850 for next season. I love Yamaha, and the power and top end of the Winder is amazing. But it has become unreliable for me. So for now it’s time to make a change.

Ive spoken with Rocker Dan, and he absolutely loves his 20 MXZ X-RS 850. And my two riding buds each have one, and they love them...both have been rock solid. Every brand has its issues no doubt, but gonna give an 850 Doo a whirl for a couple years.

I’ll be checking in here regularly, and I think this site is top notch. Really respect all you guys and really enjoy the site. Two or three years from now I could be back on a Yamaha again..who knows??

Winterwolf.

Last edited:
Yep that would be something new in my case also. 5 year warranty coverage has been really good So Far!

One must stay on top of maintenance on these Yamacat race type sleds. Could not ask for better dealer backing for my many issues in the past 4 seasons. Counting my lucky stars and thankful that I am not one of the unlucky ones that have seen opposition to their warranty woes as of yet. Only two other brands to fall back on now, Doo or Poo. Times, they are a changing.

It seems to me if the dealer has a good relationship( honest) with their manufacture--of any brand--and follows all procedures then the warranty process is pretty seamless. If your dealer has problems then maybe the problem is with them, not their supplier. It is always easy for the dealer to blame the manufacture and divert the blame from themselves in front of the customer.
We all know these sleds need a little bit to make them more reliable. More so if you plan on turning up the horsepower. In my humble opinion if you tune these things then you better do the other things to make them more dependable, if you don't then its on you. Not perfect, and not saying its right ,but after 4 years of Sidewinder production we all know what we are getting into. with all the knowledge on this site, we know the weak spots. We know what happens when you add 80hp. We know this BEFORE we buy them. If you tune them and they start to break stuff, take responsibility for it. If your dealer screwed up, they should take responsibility for it.
Everyone wants to blame someone else.

Back