• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha windshield fiasco

studdog

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Well their at it again. Extra tall windshields for Apex sleds screwed up! Bad molding by supplier again. This happened 2-3 years ago and we couldn't get a accessory windshields that fit. Same story. This really torks me off! Any one know where to find "good windshields" please let me know.

Pretty sure Yamaha windshields are made by Sportech USA. They were known to have made poorly fitting windshields on Sportbikes years ago as well, but I had one on my 04 R1 and it fit well. Both my RTX SE and MTX SE windshields fit perfect too, so it's odd that they're still having fitment issues. I hope you get it resolved.

wHAT REALLY TORKS ME IS THAT THEY HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE AND LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. THEY'RE TRYING TO LOCATE A SHIELD THAT WILL FIT. tHE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IS TO PUT IT ON A SLED.

The misfit is around the headlight mostly on the right side of the sled. 1/4 inch or more gap. Also center point bottom not cut right. Not only looks like s%#@ but also snow blows in unless you fill with weather stripping. unacepptable on $12,000 machine. Stock shield fits great, but it's too short. Sorry guys, but I'm Pi^&*%! My dealer is great they won't charge me for the shield but WTF over.

The supplier of the skid plates and A-arm protectors isn't any better. My nytro pieces were sub-standered. Way too much money for what you get.

I have the same issue as studdog mentioned with mid w/s on the 2008 and now the 2010. You would think they
had more then enough time to correct the problem.

Yamaha, is shipping a new shield to me. We'll see if they get it right. If you have a problem call Yamaha customer relations and bitch. It might help.

It is supposed to arrive 6-22. One of the problems with this issue is that you can't tell the fit til you try it on the machine. We'll see!

2008 attack windshield- pretty good wind protection ;)!

Attachments

• fishing.jpg
    fishing.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 109

Back