• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha windshield fit a Cat?

MBOKMAN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 VR1 BOOST, 2022 XCR 850
2018 Thundercat with TD Jukebox header tunes
Will the Yamaha low sport windshield fit a Thundercat?

Thanks Fella's. After being unable to find a new Sidewinder, I just picked up a used Thundercat and I don't really like the shape of the std windshield on it.

Kinda funny as I ran the thundercat windshield on my 17 sidewinder.. I was going to run the 2021 thundercat windshield on new one(2022). From what I see and heard was the Yamaha one has slightly more hand coverage compared to CAT.. Which one you going to run on your used thundercat? Like which sized

Kinda funny as I ran the thundercat windshield on my 17 sidewinder.. I was going to run the 2021 thundercat windshield on new one(2022). From what I see and heard was the Yamaha one has slightly more hand coverage compared to CAT.. Which one you going to run on your used thundercat? Like which sized
I like the looks of the low sport in black.

The problem with yamaha windshields is they are noisy in my experience. I ran the low sport for one weekend and had to remove it. It buffeted like riding in a crew cab pickup with one back window half way open. Was unbearable. This may not happen to really tall riders but I heard some guys saying the medium sport windshield does the same thing......once again probably depending a riders height I think the problem is that the yamaha windshields are more vertical if you look at them from the side. The cat windshields are more angled and follow the body lines better and may contribute to them being quieter. Havent heard any complaints from the cat guys on windshield noise.Will be ordering cat windshield for my new one.

The problem with yamaha windshields is they are noisy in my experience. I ran the low sport for one weekend and had to remove it. It buffeted like riding in a crew cab pickup with one back window half way open. Was unbearable. This may not happen to really tall riders but I heard some guys saying the medium sport windshield does the same thing......once again probably depending a riders height I think the problem is that the yamaha windshields are more vertical if you look at them from the side. The cat windshields are more angled and follow the body lines better and may contribute to them being quieter. Havent heard any complaints from the cat guys on windshield noise.Will be ordering cat windshield for my new one.
Well you just sealed the deal for me also. I was about 80% sure going with Thunder chicken plastic. I’m doing the same. $105 Yamaha vs $80 cat. Country cat was the best I found 78 I think.

Well you just sealed the deal for me also. I was about 80% sure going with Thunder chicken plastic. I’m doing the same. $105 Yamaha vs $80 cat. Country cat was the best I found 78 I think.
yes sir same windshield Ive been eyeing at country cat lol. I was real disappointed that the low sport windshield was so noisy because it looked good and really was fairly warm for the size but man it was deafening.

Yes. I have the one I linked on the 8000 cat in green. Has a nice look and shape to it. I run the Skinz trail heat lock hand guards with this windshield and it keeps hands warmer. If you turn the bars full it rubs SLIGHTLY but does not impede the ability to turn bars with the cat shield and skinz.

First I hear of this. I for one keeping my Canadian made Yam medium sport windshield. I think the ones in the US are made by someone else, must be why you have issues. :) I'll be able to compare with ridding buddies new RR and new SRX.

a92bf393-1909-498e-a832-713cd437510a

Arctic-Cat-New-OEM-Low-Sno-Pro-Windshield.jpg

Back