• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaheater Install

NashRides

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
Got a new to me 2007 Attak last season. After a couple of could weather rides found out why most purchase the Yamaheater. Just getting around to install it now and found that all the images in the detailed instructions
(https://ty4stroke.com/threads/yamah...nt-yamaha-4-strokes.67236/page-22#post-628277) on this site are no longer showing. They would be very helpful for someone not real familiar with this sled. Anyone know if those are available elsewhere?

i have almost same sled. are the stock heaters that bad? can just the grip heaters be upgraded?

The grip heaters or elements is not the problem. The problem is that the power to the hand warmers are based on RPMs so if your hands are cold and you are not going fast, they do not get as hot. Rock's kit does away with this and even has a boost option that will literally roast your hands if you are not careful.

yea i was looking at another apex before i bought this one. and i didnt buy cause it was hot out and the grips were so hot i couldn't grab the bars. thought maybe something was wrong w it.

I need the yamaheaters as well. Almost bought some of those FXR electric gloves on the weekend, but then came to my senses. $$$$$$$

I need the yamaheaters as well. Almost bought some of those FXR electric gloves on the weekend, but then came to my senses. $$$$$$$
I have both. The gloves are nice for longer stops if riding with a bigger group. That being said I've had yamheaters on my sled within the first 500 miles and sled now has close to 11k on it.

I purchased gloves last season just to try them out and they work wonderful. I don't have any other heated gloves to compare them to but I'm happy I bought them.

X2 as I have added Rock's Yamaheaters on all of my 4-strokes with the exception of the RX-1 and just purchased a pair of FXR's Recon heated gloves at the Novi Snow Show this year. I have other needs where these gloves will definitely come in handy but do plan on using them for snowmobiling too. Like slowride06er stated, sometimes at those longer stops and it's extremely cold out and your hands get cold, getting back on sled to utilize the hand warmers can take some time to eventually get heat up into the gloves even with the boost option if the wind chills are cold enough.

Man now I need a pair of those. After getting two sleds gone through for the first season w me I'm bleeding cash. But now I gotta have these. Lol

Were do you mount the unit on the sled? I have a 2006 apex
On the left side on the upper member of the frame. This is above the secondary. Roc suggests to put it in this area as there is an air vent to help keep the electronics cool on high usages days.
Inked20180117_220718_LI.jpg

so this add on only has the boost option? then you turn it off and use stock settings on sled? seems to be what the instructions say.

The boost option make the grips 1 step hotter. When the green led is on the grips act like factory.
When in red mode or Nuclear (as Bounty calls it) the grips are full hot all the time . In this mode idle nor brake applied will limit the amount of power used by the grips

Back