• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaheater

wacnstac

Pro
Has anyone tried the venture/vector passenger warmer plug in fix from yamaheater.com? Before I spend the money I'd like to see a few testamonials that it actually makes the lame rear hand warmers work.

Not that I know of. I have no idea how the Venture's are wired. Best thing would be to send them a message and ask.

If you download the repair manual, check the wiring diagrams for the rear handwarmers and see if they are wired in series or parallel. If in series, maybe you could rewire them in parallel to get 12V to each one instead of 6V.

I think the big thing that would help would be gauntlets or some other wind defector as there is nothing back there to shield the hands from the wind.

I have the passenger relay on my Venture GT, it helps alot, prior to relay the RPM's had to be over a certain level (moving at a good clip) now as long as the battery is charging the hand warmers get power. My son noticed the difference, as they will warm up when idling now. With him with me I ususally don't go as fast and half the time the rear warmers were not getting power. Now I need to get another relay for my wife's Venture LT.

This tells me that the Venture's are PWM controlled, just like the front warmers. I think the Yamaheater wouldn't work on ours because I know for sure that they are 12V direct controlled by a relay.

This tells me that the Venture's are PWM controlled, just like the front warmers. I think the Yamaheater wouldn't work on ours because I know for sure that they are 12V direct controlled by a relay.

Moose you have the MP correct? I have the Venture Lite, so I may give this product a try.

I do but mine didn't come with the factory rear heaters but the wiring was there. Also looked at the wiring schematics and they are controlled by a relay, not PWM. I would suggest that you contact the maker of Yamaheater before buying.

I have used rock's kit on my dads 05 sxventure and it comes with a relay replacement. now they get hot at any speed but when no rider back there make sure they are shut off.

Again, we're talking about different sleds here. The Venture Lite/MP, which is based on the Phazer, is totally different than the RS based Venture. They share absolutely nothing.

mooseman, I said SX venture and I know there is a relay on it as I replaced it with rocks kit.

I installed them on my 07' Attak several years ago and they work great and easy install.Had a problem this fall and Rock at Yamaheater returned my message on a SUNDAY! With his excellent help I was able to fix my minor problem.It's great to have someone who backs their product with the right "know how".The only time I crank them up all the way is when it's -20 and I'm running a long straight stretch or lake at high speed.Get them your hands will thank you.

Back