• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamalaris build

Can you wire them in series then and try it? The grips are controlled in the ECU unlike the stock poo. Sounds like you just need to lower the ohms and possibly try to bypass the ECU.

For fuel issues that is the only thing that happened to me when my aftermarket fuel pump install failed. Possibly electrical maybe in the kill switch or something. That will be a little more tricky to find. GL!!

Ok I checked every possible connection and I get 3.4 5.1 and 10.1. I even checked a spare grip element and it was 2.2 3.9 and 9.1. Do you mean raise the ohms to the 5 or the 10 settings ? Also when you say wire them in series. Do you mean hook the high low blue wires together? Because that is how i had them and it was at 3.4. Electrical is a hard learning curve for me.

Last edited:
Actually series is the + on one side to the - on the other grip, and + on that grip to the - on the other grip, it will change the grips from 6 ohms each (3.4 in parallel like you have it) it will now go to 12 ohms. This will lower the current dramatically. The problem you may have is they don't get warm enough. Each system is designed in a certain way so you need to find the compromise between heat and reliability.

If you have it in parallel and its to much current and 12 ohms is to little current (not enough heat) then let me know.

I will try this out. Do you think it will be to much with the Yamaheater? I’m not sure what the Yamaheater actually does and how it raises the temp. I think I will try to get it to work on stock settings first and then I could try it I guess. I could not fathom trying to figure out the motec stuff that you are doing.

The Yamaheaters work by supplying 12v to the grip warmers rather than the stock setup using RPMs to determine how many volts to supply to the grip warmers. For example, when using the Yamaheaters at idle, your grips will get hot.

The Yamaheaters work by supplying 12v to the grip warmers rather than the stock setup using RPMs to determine how many volts to supply to the grip warmers. For example, when using the Yamaheaters at idle, your grips will get hot.
That's correct.

The grips only have as much heat as you have them wired. So if 12ohm resistance is enough heat you are golden and the yamaheater will just make sure they have full voltage vs the stock ECU throttling voltage away from the grips at idle presumably to reduce electrical load.

you guys are awesome. I have been wondering how the Yamaheater worked for a long time. And over the 10 years I have been riding Yamaha no one has explained it well. They just said it works good. Which it does. Now I have total faith that when I wire it up. It will work and not pop a fuse. Now if I could just hire you to come and figure out my brake light that I gave up on. If only. Lol

Well I went out for a ride last night and they are hot and no more popping fuses. Thanks kinger and robx-1 for the help. I wired them up to 10 ohm and with the Yamaheater they get real warm.

Well I finally am done sledding for the year. I went out last Saturday for the final ride with it. I really like this sled it still is so much fun to ride. I put in 950 km on this one and only 350 km on my turbo nytro. Unless the snow is crazy deep I don’t ride the nytro much as this sled is amazing. Even all the people that have tried it have said it is really easy to ride. I still do miss the power of the turbo when I ride it, but it is what it is. I didn’t have many issues with it this year once I got the grips working. Just turn the key and enjoy.

Attachments

• E4D908E9-2E6A-426D-97CF-3BFBDCC7BE50.jpeg
    E4D908E9-2E6A-426D-97CF-3BFBDCC7BE50.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 7D06BBF7-F31A-45A0-BA64-625D36476A14.jpeg
    7D06BBF7-F31A-45A0-BA64-625D36476A14.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 101
Well I finally am done sledding for the year. I went out last Saturday for the final ride with it. I really like this sled it still is so much fun to ride. I put in 950 km on this one and only 350 km on my turbo nytro. Unless the snow is crazy deep I don’t ride the nytro much as this sled is amazing. Even all the people that have tried it have said it is really easy to ride. I still do miss the power of the turbo when I ride it, but it is what it is. I didn’t have many issues with it this year once I got the grips working. Just turn the key and enjoy.

Sure turned out awesome.

Well it’s been awhile since I updated this thread. I still do love this sled it is my go to sled. It’s had a hard life the last few years. Had to replace the track and rail Last year. This year the fuel line rotted out in the tank after the pump so got very little fuel pressure. Also had the main driveshaft bearing go on the chaincase side. And have been dealing with grip element wiring issues for some time. But last weekend I went on a 5 day trip and had no issues so maybe I’m done breaking things for this year.
F7FEE1C2-57B6-4598-B162-CCFAFBE8A693-2953-00000075A1205131.jpeg
BA85EB5E-E0C1-414F-8AFE-C5D0CA98C789-2953-0000007523B43034.jpeg
F0883041-42F7-4A94-A0A3-C55E2ADC23E8-2953-00000075240302C2.jpeg

Well it’s been awhile since I updated this thread. I still do love this sled it is my go to sled. It’s had a hard life the last few years. Had to replace the track and rail Last year. This year the fuel line rotted out in the tank after the pump so got very little fuel pressure. Also had the main driveshaft bearing go on the chaincase side. And have been dealing with grip element wiring issues for some time. But last weekend I went on a 5 day trip and had no issues so maybe I’m done breaking things for this year. View attachment 175711View attachment 175712View attachment 175713

Still such an awesome build!

Back