• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMOLARIS Project: ANYONE install an EDGE skid here???

4Fighter

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'07 Attak GT
I've already PM'd a few prospective members who "had friends" do this. If there is ANYONE else who may have a template or tips, or can put me in touch with someone who did this, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks! :rocks:

I have a friend with a wrecked Polaris and I believe it has the edge suspension. Chassis is junk in the front but the rear suspension was good. I think he would even cut the side of the tunnel out to use as a template. Let me know what you think. Roadrunner.

I'm still waiting to hear from someone who's done it and documented it.

Ask your bud which year and what shocks are on it, and how much he'd take for the skid and brackets, and if he cut the side of the tunnel out, then PM me.

Thanks

I'm about to start a edge skid project in the next week, gotta be easy, only 4 holes to drill, measure 2x 3x 4x & drill once . anything is better then the Mack truck frame that is in it

Put the 2 skids next to each other on the floor. Measure the difference on the front mounting points. Work back from there.

clharris said:
I'm about to start a edge skid project in the next week

Could you PLEASE write/draw everything that you do [Diagram, measurements, technique, materials, etc.], down on paper?

No offense Buckey, but I've never done (or had to do) anything like this before. Knowing my luck, there's too much that could go wrong doing it that way?

you will need to measure the holes in the edge tunnel , transfer them to the yamaha & use the drive shaft as your starting point . measure & measure & measure , measure

I don't have an EDGE to measure. I wonder if my Polaris dealer would have, or could get those specs? I'll check.

put a string around the drive axle of the Polaris and level it. From the level line take measurements for distance back, and up (from the center of the drive axle) for the mounting holes. Transcribe these measurements to the RX, and the skid will be mounted in the same relative positon as it was in the Edge.

What Polaris???

The only EDGE I know of is at the dealer, on the show-room floor. I'd feel kind of stupid trying to wrap string around the axle and take measurements. Aside from that, I don't know what I'm doing well enough, to get in and out of there in a hurry.

:idea: A diagram of how and where to take the measurements would be helpful. I won't buy the skid until I know what's involved first.

Help is appreciated.

Where is SRX01 and Wesleeja, they have friends who supposedly did this?

Do you know anyone that has bought an M-10? I think they ship with a template that shows all of the factory mounting holes for Cat, Pol, Doo etc. You might be able to use their info. to do your swap...

You might be surprised at how the Pol. dealer would treat you if you tell him what you are doing. When I was buying the transfer block kit from my Cat dealer, they were really excited at the idea of putting a Cat skid in an RX. I took a little good humored kidding, and they were genuinely interested in the conversion. In fact, one of the Cat techs was the one who told me about the transfer block kit first, and gave me setup suggestions. Overall they were very helpful. Definately more helpful than the Yamaha dealer when I needed other parts!

Jim

Back