• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yoshimura cams..

HSP

Extreme
Found this R1 mod cams made by Yoshimura for Yamaha R1 "race".
Anybody tryed this on your Apex's?

Camshafts - Stage R
All cams are ground by Yoshimura Japan using truly state-of-the-art equipment. Cams are machined from billet cam blanks, not welded up or reground stock units. Stage R cams require cam timing to be degreed by a professional engine mechanic and may also require cylinder head modifications to allow for adequate clearance between cam lobes and cylinder head.
Model
Model: YZFR1
Year: 98-01
Stock No:SUXR441
YZFR1 98-01 STG-R CAMS W/O SPRKT

Attachments

• Camshafts.gif
    Camshafts.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 458

I don't think they'd work too well. Our sleds are running way less RPM's then the bikes. Pretty sure the hot cams for the sleds are made just for the sleds. The Yoshi cams are probably made to raise the bikes rpms.

also if you look at your stock cams, and the set in the pic your missing the pick up notch, so it wont run, and the bike cams that have the notch is backwards to the sleds , so your #1 piston becomes #4 and you need to reverse wire coil pack wiring,, and let me tell you this , dont do it,, it DONT WORK,, I know i got fooled by a a member from this site wich took me in for lots and lots of $$$$ and if he was closer i think he would have a new ahole,, ask me if im impress.

I talked to Dyno Ray (nobody knows better) about these cams and he did not recommend them. I forgot which one but either the intake or exhaust cam that comes in the Apex is very good. Buy one of Ray's cams to replace the less aggresive one, port it, split the head gasket, advance the timing and you will have some real gains. The power commanders are also available now which are by far the best one to use for fuel and timing adjustments. Jason

We had some guys use after-market bike cams on the rx1 engines most had the chain fail within a thousand miles.
The cams were so aggressive that the chain could not handle it , there was some gain in power but not enough to get exited about it.

Thanks for the info Ya Mahn

Back