• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

You think an in-line gas filter would be a good idea?

put 2 extra on my powerstroke. filters down to 1micro. no problems with injectors yet! ;)! i think it would be more effective on the 06 fi sleds.

yamahajunkie said:
put 2 extra on my powerstroke. filters down to 1micro. no problems with injectors yet! ;)! i think it would be more effective on the 06 fi sleds.
I dont know but I heard the jets on the 4stroke carbs are much smaller than two strokes so if thats true it seems like it would be a good idea for all the 4stroking Yammis.

KbxSrx said:
I always used 2 on my rx1. I cant see a down side
Did you get your right at the Yammi dealer? Do you have any part #'s Or can I just find one at an auto store?

hey citizens,

i installed inline filters after getting poor fuel from delivering yami dealer,
pilot jets were PLUGGED. i see no down side , these are from yamaha, they are the ones used on the R1 motorcycle. the intank paper filters don't catch the small stuff. these cost about $10.00 each that's cheap insurance and keeps you from having to pull carbs for cleaning.
rfc
skip
ps
i wraped them with foam insulation to protect from high heat comming from exhaust header.

I run 10 micron filters on my Yamaha outboards. It helps to keep debris out, but will not help with storage. You might still have problems with varnishing from fuel. Seems the ethynol makes the fuel go bad faster. I know they have had problems with outboards, Yamaha, with ethynol and paper filters. Here in the east lots of work for the marinas.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

03griz said:
Are there not filters in the tank?
those are not filters in the tank, there are screens tho in the tank to keep large objects out of the fuel system...they are not considered a filter at all.

I did it on my wifes RX1, that sled ran great for 2 years and I didn't even clean the carbs after the summer (I did put in fuel stabilizer before storage). I recently did have a problem with it because one of the fuel filters had developed a hole . I put mine right next to the steering post on top of the engine, if you do the same I'd recommend buying the metal filter, or just changing it out before the start of each season. I ended up using a FRAM filter you can pick-up at any Wal-Mart, but the fitting on that one is a little big to squeeze on the fuel lines.

Its also really nice to be able to see the fuel flow on both fuel pumps.

Back