1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

YXZ front heavy?

Discussion in 'SXS YXZ1000R' started by staggs65, Nov 10, 2018.

1. staggs65

staggs65 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    76 exciter, 87 phazer, 89 bravo, 00 srx x3, 01 srx, 02/04 viper, 06 ape
    I’ve been watching a lot of vids to hear how some of the different exhaust systems sound. One thing I’ve noticed is every vid I’ve seen of a YXZ getting air it lands nose first. Not just slightly but drastically. I wouldn’t think they’d be nose heavy looking at it. Maybe the rear suspension is bucking the rear up? Anybody else notice this?

3. murdered141

murdered141 Snow Punisher Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
    Yes that's my gripe too, I think for 2019 they finally got it right so you should be good.

4. staggs65

staggs65 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    76 exciter, 87 phazer, 89 bravo, 00 srx x3, 01 srx, 02/04 viper, 06 ape
    So do you think it was shock calibration? Or relocating the rad to the back or a combo of both