• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yxz motor related to snowmobile engines?

Vilas

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper xtx, Thunder products clutch kit
first of all this machine is amazing! No way I could afford it but I still appreciate the beautiful engineering. I notice it is 998cc. Could this be to avoid import tariffs on engines over 1000cc? How is this related to the new viper motor? It is different cc but it doesn't make sense that that the would spend the money to build 2 engines so similar. Maybe they are the same but the new viper motor is just bored out an extra 50cc? It is all very interesting. Let's hope this game changing effort comes to the snowmobile division next year!

One thing I noticed while going through the MN DNR regulations on Type 1 and Type 2 ATV's is that once they go past 1000cc's, it cannot be classified as a Type 2 anymore like all other SXS units. I wonder if that has bearing on why they didn't use the 1049cc Viper/nytro motor. Would that be the same in other states as well?

And if that were the case, why not use the Apex motor, as it sure seems to be the motor of choice for the RZR guys wanting a Reliable/durable boosted engine.

All I know is I wish it were in my price range. I guess it will be like Yamaha boats, I will shop today, for what I can justify in 4-5 years used.

Back