• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YXZ1000R Safety Recall

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
YXZ1000-R.jpg

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2016/Yamaha-Recalls-Utility-Vehicles/

Description
This recall involves model year 2016 YXZ1000R and YXZ1000R SE Side-by-Side utility vehicles sold in four colors: orange and black, blue and white, silver and red, and yellow and white. The model name (YXZ…) and “1000” is displayed in a graphic on both the left and right side of the vehicle. The vehicle identification number (VIN) is stamped on the frame near the driver’s side rear wheel. The letter G in the 10th position of the VIN number indicates that the unit was made in the 2016 model year.

Remedy
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled utility vehicles and contact their local Yamaha dealer to schedule a free repair. Yamaha is contacting all registered owners directly.

This has already happened to my buddy his first time out, never made it off the trailer
Funny that new cables are on back order from Yamaha tho

Not sure
I wasn't there but I guess it went right to 12,500 rpms

This has already happened to my buddy his first time out, never made it off the trailer
Funny that new cables are on back order from Yamaha tho
That's not possible. There is a REV limiter built into the machine. Only way it could actually go that high is if he had the ecu reflashed and being that it was brand new Im sure he didn't have it done.

No it's all stock
Not sure what happened as I wasn't there
But I was told it ran excellent this weekend

Back